Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all the Capital One CSR hate...

tag
Finance805
Valued Member

For all the Capital One CSR hate...

I actually have a positive story!  Last Friday went to a new sushi restaurant and ordered a couple drinks from the bar before dinner.  Got sat down so closed my bar tab and left a cash tip with CASH being written in the tip portion of the tab and the total tab equaling the pretip total. 

Last night (Monday) check my account and noticed that the posted amount on my online credit card account shows an additional amount (only $8 more but still I didn't leave an extra $8 tip on top of my cash for only a $10 tab).  Filed a claim dispute.  This morning at 9am get an email stating I have a message in my profile.  Check my message, capital one reimbursed me and considers the case closed.

Not everything Capital One does is bad!

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: For all the Capital One CSR hate...

@Finance805 wrote:

I actually have a positive story!  Last Friday went to a new sushi restaurant and ordered a couple drinks from the bar before dinner.  Got sat down so closed my bar tab and left a cash tip with CASH being written in the tip portion of the tab and the total tab equaling the pretip total. 

Last night (Monday) check my account and noticed that the posted amount on my online credit card account shows an additional amount (only $8 more but still I didn't leave an extra $8 tip on top of my cash for only a $10 tab).  Filed a claim dispute.  This morning at 9am get an email stating I have a message in my profile.  Check my message, capital one reimbursed me and considers the case closed.

Not everything Capital One does is bad!

+1 on the last part...... Cap1 def has it positives and negatives....Im glad they took care of you

Message 2 of 11
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

So what happens to the less than scrupulous waiter or bar owner for the 8 dollar criminal act of theft?

Message 3 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Omg! This same exact thing happened to me last night on my Amex BCE. Spent 39.51 on dinner last night, left a $10 bill. Login this morning and see a $45+ charge on Amex. I guess I need to dispute. It was just me and a friend... And we split the bill... Like $10 isnt enough on a 39$ bill?!? Hmm
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One doesn't investigate if the amount in dispute is under $10 (it might be $20). If it costs more to investigate than the amount in dispute they will issue a credit (although it will show on your end as a chargeback), so the waiter most likely got to keep the $8. 

Message 5 of 11
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

I wonder if ppl ever call the restaurant/bar instead of calling the CCC to dispute.  

Maybe the restaurant/bar will credit the card back and discipline the thieving employee so that it doesn't continue?

Message 6 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One doesn't investigate if the amount in dispute is under $10 (it might be $20). If it costs more to investigate than the amount in dispute they will issue a credit (although it will show on your end as a chargeback), so the waiter most likely got to keep the $8. 

Yeah, the amount is probably a bit higher however abusing it will lead to them actually investigating future disputes and flagging your account.

@ccnewcc wrote:

I wonder if ppl ever call the restaurant/bar instead of calling the CCC to dispute.  

Maybe the restaurant/bar will credit the card back and discipline the thieving employee so that it doesn't continue?

I had this happen a long time ago to me. Basically I left a credit card tip but ended up getting charged. I knew American Express would just issue a credit and close the case, so I actually called the restaurant to find out. The manager issued a refund and explained it was a glitch, it's been so long I can't even remember what he said or the amount of the tip.

Message 7 of 11
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I had this happen once....now I put a slash through the tip section if I leave a cash tip. I'm glad they got it straight for you.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It's not the monet, it just pisses me off. That server got like $30 on an $80 total bill. Pahah
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 11
Finance805
Valued Member

I still plan on calling the restaurant to let them know what happened.  As for putting a slash in the tip line, if I am paying cash I always right CASH and always keep a copy of the receipt.

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.