Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For people on the East Coast with Comenity Total Rewards Visa

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

For people on the East Coast with Comenity Total Rewards Visa

I just discovered that Comenity Total Rewards Visa counts BJs Wholesale Club as a grocery purchase so they give 2 points per dollar.  This is the only card I've used that counts BJs as grocery instead of warehouse store.  I just wanted to share this with anybody out there who has the card and wants to take advantage of this.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: For people on the East Coast with Comenity Total Rewards Visa

Thanks for sharing. Its states BJs Wholesale Club just like that for the 2 points per dollar? What about those who dont have a BJs but have Sams Club or Costco.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 5
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

That's nice, but how is the redemption?

If the redemption rate sucks, it won't matter if I earn 1 or 2 points.

Anyways thanks for the heads up! Good info for those who gamble and shop at BJs.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 3 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

I don't have a Costco or Sam's Club membership, so I'm not certain if it earns 2 points at those stores.  I only discovered that BJs is being counted as grocery because I just got the card this week, so I've been racking up purchases for the 10,000 point bonus for spending $750 in the first three months.

The earning rate is 5 points per $1 spent at Caesars Resorts, 2 points per $1 spent on groceries, gas, or airlines, and 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else.

The redemption rate is 100 points/$1 in comps.  According to what I've read, most people with the card get deals through the mail for comped rooms without having to use their points and then spend their points for buffets, spa treatments, etc. while they are at the resorts.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
missjae
Established Contributor

Thanks for the information! I'm on the EC and want this card, but really for no reason. The BJ's aspect makes it better for me Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.