Did you mean: 

For people with locked Synch accounts

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: For people with locked Synch accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

@ttleigh wrote:
Well I shop at Lowes to get the 5% off, Amazon for their rewards, old navy to get rewards for kid clothes, care credit deferred interest, tj max for rewards for me, stash for the hotel rewards for a particular hotel I stay at.
Now I don't have to shop at these places I do because of credit card rewards: I can shop at Home Depot, overstock, kohls, Macy's, and go to different hotels.
So yes I do think the retailers would be concerned if people like me left and went to their similar competitor,
I don't think we have any idea how many people are affected or will be affected. Just because it isn't everyone right now doesn't mean it won't happen to all of us.
None of the people affected appear to deserve action like this. I would imagine there are thousands of young kids out there with late payments And maxed out cards that are more of a threat to default than anyone I've seen here

except for lowes and amazon, you could be getting good deals on gift cards from gift card granny for some of those other stores and pay for them with a cash back card, just a fyi.  And also if you combine that with a shopping portal like ebates it just adds even more.

For just random, everyday purchases this is fine, but for a major appliance or anything like that I wouldn't want to pay with a gift card. You lose purchase protections and such.

Message 11 of 24
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

No thanks on the gift card granny. I've bought 2 cards that both were zero balance. Granted I got my money back but not worth the hassle. I do go through my points to earn some extra but While I like to earn rewards I don't want to spend all day figuring out how to save $4
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
No thanks on the gift card granny. I've bought 2 cards that both were zero balance. Granted I got my money back but not worth the hassle.
 I don't want to spend all day figuring out how to save $4

Wow, thanks for the heads up, never tried it

Message 13 of 24
RonM21
Valued Contributor

My accounts have not been targeted, at least yet. But I already figure it is what it is, and there are other lenders out there who would gladly steal my business from them. The evidence is in my shredder daily.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree!

In fact, I was just locked out of 4 cards one a Sam's Club and I will be sending the Sam's Club corporate office my cut up card along with a blowup picture with my brand new Citi Costo Card and 3 Large Shopping Carts full of stuff.

included with that will be my last 2 years of statements about 30,000.00 in total of Sam's paid in full purchase.

I will also send my Sam's membership back to the corp office in Bentonville Arkansas and be sure to include a Target Gift Card A note saying a minor Target Breach is  better than getting Slammed at Sam's.

Message 15 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ecb wrote:
I would be actively emailing CEOs of these companies such as Walmart, Lowes, Sams etc about this nonsense. That's how you get them back is in their pockets. Ridiculous locking down great paying customers with great scores. Makes no sense whatsoever!

I don't know how the risk is shared in these arrangements, but if Walmart/Lowes/Sams have to eat some of the loss caused by default, they are probably fine with what Synch does.    And if the risk is all on the bank, then the merchants will accept that the bank has to do what the bank has to do...

All businesses understand the concept of risk, and if Synch has the models to back it up (rather than, as many posters here seem to think, basically closing for fun) no-one is going to interfere.

Message 16 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ttleigh wrote:
No thanks on the gift card granny. I've bought 2 cards that both were zero balance. Granted I got my money back but not worth the hassle. I do go through my points to earn some extra but While I like to earn rewards I don't want to spend all day figuring out how to save $4

Sort of an individual choice.    Others (generally not on the forum!) find more than one CC way too much work to save small amounts of money.   I put thousands a month through the merchants on GCG and haven't had an issues for over 3 years (and even then, I got all my money back).

Message 17 of 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree!

In fact, I was just locked out of 4 cards one a Sam's Club and I will be sending the Sam's Club corporate office my cut up card along with a blowup picture with my brand new Citi Costo Card and 3 Large Shopping Carts full of stuff.

included with that will be my last 2 years of statements about 30,000.00 in total of Sam's paid in full purchase.

I will also send my Sam's membership back to the corp office in Bentonville Arkansas and be sure to include a Target Gift Card A note saying a minor Target Breach is  better than getting Slammed at Sam's.

If it makes you feel better...

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree!

Hmm ... do you think Bentonville Arkansas has mail service? Smiley Happy Like your style not that anyone opening your information would understand it but, it is worth a try!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecb wrote:
I would be actively emailing CEOs of these companies such as Walmart, Lowes, Sams etc about this nonsense. That's how you get them back is in their pockets. Ridiculous locking down great paying customers with great scores. Makes no sense whatsoever!

Why did they lock your accounts, and were they closed also?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.