Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For people with locked Synch accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For people with locked Synch accounts

I have mixed feelings about this.  Luckily my accounts are not locked but if it came down to it I'm  not sure if I would give in and provide the tax transcript or just close the accounts. 

I have 3 Synchrony accounts - Walmart,  Ebates and Care Credit. I could give up the Walmart store card but I REALLY  love my Ebates and Care Credit cards. I've stopped requesting CLI on the Ebates and Walmart cards ando both have $0 balances. Will pay off the Care Credit $1.8k balance by the end of the year. Hopefully this will be enough to keep me under the radar.

Message 21 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just keep the number of accounts down and CLs that you really need, absurd to have a 25K Walmart unless you actually buy that kind of volume from them. I have cut CLs on my Walmart and Ebates and only keep a higher limit on Lowes that I actually use.

Message 22 of 24
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
It won't do much good. The risk models were likely in part created by higher ups. These models decide which cards get closed.

You also have to remember that myfico is just a tiny sample of the population. Most people's cards in the real world are working just fine.

Finally the value of your time comes into play. Cards like Walmart have pretty sparse perks anyway, so may not be worth too much of a fight!

How do you know this?

Message 23 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
It won't do much good. The risk models were likely in part created by higher ups. These models decide which cards get closed.

You also have to remember that myfico is just a tiny sample of the population. Most people's cards in the real world are working just fine.

Finally the value of your time comes into play. Cards like Walmart have pretty sparse perks anyway, so may not be worth too much of a fight!

How do you know this?

Lack of news stories.   Big closings would get reported.    BTW, I found this interesting as a list of banks showing bad marketing behavior,  some MYFico faves on here!

rbs.jpg

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.