cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those interested in Apple Barclays

Mega Contributor

For those interested in Apple Barclays

I didn't know this at the time, but the Apple financing option is good for 30 days from approval date, after that it is no good. They announce different promotions with the card at different times.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays

 

Yeah, they want you to buy that new iPad before you change your mind....Smiley Happy

 

But you're right, from time to time they do have special promotions to finance at 0%, you just have to watch for them....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays


LS2982 wrote:

I didn't know this at the time, but the Apple financing option is good for 30 days from approval date, after that it is no good. They announce different promotions with the card at different times.


That's good intel. I assumed that this card gave me the power to buy anything at 0% (now thats wishful thinking Smiley Happy)




Message 3 of 11
Mega Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays


CS800 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I didn't know this at the time, but the Apple financing option is good for 30 days from approval date, after that it is no good. They announce different promotions with the card at different times.


That's good intel. I assumed that this card gave me the power to buy anything at 0% (now thats wishful thinking Smiley Happy)


Thats what I thought as well. I'm not gonna screw up my budget plans to take advantage of this offer. There will be more to come.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays

Once the ipad 3 comes out, they will have promos to get rid of the ipad 2. That's how it worked for the iphone. Once the 4S came out there were promos at the apple store on the 4




Message 5 of 11
Mega Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays


CS800 wrote:

Once the ipad 3 comes out, they will have promos to get rid of the ipad 2. That's how it worked for the iphone. Once the 4S came out there were promos at the apple store on the 4


I'm not in any rush, before a rack up a 1K bill on that card I want all of my other cards reporting $0 Balance, Makes no sense to get the apple product you want then have Barclays comes back with AA because of high util %.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays


LS2982 wrote:

I'm not in any rush, before a rack up a 1K bill on that card I want all of my other cards reporting $0 Balance, Makes no sense to get the apple product you want then have Barclays comes back with AA because of high util %.

Nah they are not that crazy. I use my Barclay and charge a lot on it too. Seems to be fine so far. If they want to CLD me, they will lose what I spend on the card (i do let this card report a balance) and so far no CLD.




Message 7 of 11
Mega Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays


CS800 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I'm not in any rush, before a rack up a 1K bill on that card I want all of my other cards reporting $0 Balance, Makes no sense to get the apple product you want then have Barclays comes back with AA because of high util %.

Nah they are not that crazy. I use my Barclay and charge a lot on it too. Seems to be fine so far. If they want to CLD me, they will lose what I spend on the card (i do let this card report a balance) and so far no CLD.


I mean high util % on other cards along with their card (not sure if that the way you understood it)




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays

Well to give some insight I have a Barclays card and have other cards that report high balances and I have no problem my winning combo is I have the apple card with 1000 limit on it but also have a carnival card with them owing me 6 dollars I wouldn't worry about them doing cld due to utilization I look at high utilization as a way to build better history because in one year when I want a prime card I can say to the ccc see how I brought my balance close to the limit and paid it off quickly and easily almost a ploy to get higher cl shows you can handle the cl that you have and don't just sock drawer them
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 9 of 11
Mega Contributor

Re: For those interested in Apple Barclays


Carlile92 wrote:
Well to give some insight I have a Barclays card and have other cards that report high balances and I have no problem my winning combo is I have the apple card with 1000 limit on it but also have a carnival card with them owing me 6 dollars I wouldn't worry about them doing cld due to utilization I look at high utilization as a way to build better history because in one year when I want a prime card I can say to the ccc see how I brought my balance close to the limit and paid it off quickly and easily almost a ploy to get higher cl shows you can handle the cl that you have and don't just sock drawer them

Barclays will never see the sock drawer, that is reserved for GEMB if they dont get their act right soon Smiley Very Happy

 

I plan on Barclay's being my #1 card in wallet and Crap1 #2 (unfortunetely only card with rewards)




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11