cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those into metal cards............

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: For those into metal cards............

@enharu wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Is it a npsl signature card or do they issue limits? Ive never asked my buddy... he pays the AF obviously, but he also spends $100 bills like they are 1's

Doesn't seem to mention it's NPSL.

They do issue limits though. 

Before CARD act was implemented, There were people whom got approved for 500CL and then charged $495 AF on it, essentially leaving $5 as available credit. 

Wow that seems greedy on Barclays part, definitely should have been denied instead of given 500 CL and $495 AF! There are many articles of this card compared to the AMEX Plat. Amex Plat definitely much better perks if you want this sort of card with the AF

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 11 of 26
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

@smug: lol!

I've never understood any interest in this card.
Message 12 of 26
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Haha thanks for the link enharu.  I clicked on it, started filling out the form and then saw the AF and I was like oh crap!  cancel, cancel!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 26
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

I really don't understand how that card is still survivin...

I really don't understand how that card is still surviving. For cards in the $400-$600 AF range, it has to be the at the bottom of the barrel. Why would anyone want this card when other cards (at the $400-$600 AF ranges) are by far superior?!

Message 14 of 26
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Ah enharu, I was looking at that just last night...and I was comparing the benfits, wow it's total crap.

The card looks cool, however like enharu said, that's about it.

No Visa Signature benefits.

No competitive rewards.

Sounds like a poor man's centurion card.

Heck, if I am going to spend that kind of money on a premium card, then I'd go with the AMEX platinum in a heartbeat. Plus cheaper AF and better rewards structure.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 15 of 26
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

They were charging a $495 annual fee on a $500 credit limit card? Man! First Premier would give people at least $225 of available credit when they opened those fee harvesters. To me, Barclays is more subprime. They closed an iTunes Visa I had a couple of years back because they didn't like the number of new accounts I had (like 3 in one year). I can honestly that First Premier treated me better than they did. My iTunes Visa had a $250 CL and FP had $400. 

Regrding metal cards, I really like my CSP. Booking travel through Ultimate Rewards is saving me a lot of money on my trip to Italy next year. Not to mention, no AF the first year and $500 (travel) or $400 (cash) signup bonus. They more than doubled my highest reporting limit of $4,500 when I applied too. Yay Chase.

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 16 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

Haha thanks for the link enharu.  I clicked on it, started filling out the form and then saw the AF and I was like oh crap!  cancel, cancel!  Smiley Very Happy

haha my bad. I edited the first post just so people can see the AF in case they miss it on barclay's website.

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Ah enharu, I was looking at that just last night...and I was comparing the benfits, wow it's total crap.

The card looks cool, however like enharu said, that's about it.

No Visa Signature benefits.

No competitive rewards.

Sounds like a poor man's centurion card.

Heck, if I am going to spend that kind of money on a premium card, then I'd go with the AMEX platinum in a heartbeat. Plus cheaper AF and better rewards structure.

To be really honest, I think this card is horrible.

I am not sure which lounge access program the card has, but I wouldn't get this card even if it comes with priority pass prestige.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 26
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

I would just get CSP lol

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 18 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

If you really want a metal credit card, I suggest getting one that is at least useful.  Perhaps this one?

http://www.miniinthebox.com/cardsharp-2-black-blade-credit-card-folding-safety-knife_p387069.html?cu...

xeeefp1346069372545.jpg

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 26
Startome
Regular Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

If you really want a metal credit card, I suggest getting one that is at least useful.  Perhaps this one?

http://www.miniinthebox.com/cardsharp-2-black-blade-credit-card-folding-safety-knife_p387069.html?cu...

xeeefp1346069372545.jpg

Wow, If i had the money to spare at the moment I would totally get one. This is sweet =D

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.