Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those questions on Amex Backdating

tag
recruiter89
Established Member

For those questions on Amex Backdating

I called three times over the course of a year and finally Amex has backdated my card to my original join date of 1992. The thing to do when you call is have the Customer Service rep Open a case and they will research the old accounts. I let them know I had a green, gold and platinum account back in the 90s but they could not find my accounts even under my SSN. Finally after opening a case they had to go deep into their archives and discovered my accounts. They then updated my account and issued me a new card. The big question is, will this reflect on my credit reports and raise my FICO?

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: For those questions on Amex Backdating

congrats on the backdating Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 7
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Yes, I would expect it to update on your reports within 2 cycles. Be patient. Very happy to hear you got this awesome backdating! For all of your AMEX cards, I assume?

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 3 of 7
recruiter89
Established Member

Just have the one Amex right now platinum but tempted to apply for either Delta Reserve or A Gold Premier? Thoughts?

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recruiter89 wrote:

Just have the one Amex right now platinum but tempted to apply for either Delta Reserve or A Gold Premier? Thoughts?

Get whatever cards help you with your rewards strategy. The platinum has all the good benefits, so what you need is a good rewards card that matches your spending and interests.Also due to the age of your accounts with Amex, you should add a no AF card to your account periodically if you don't have all of them (e.g. Amex Everyday and Amex Blue Cash Everyday) or the preferred versions already. 

Message 5 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am going to wait till my EDP finally reports on my credit report before making sure that its getting back dated properly. Good info nonetheless 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Wait until January and then you can backdate even more!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.