cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those that closed a Credit One account...

tag
akabigo
Contributor

For those that closed a Credit One account...

How long did it take for the account to show as closed online? I finally called and closed Credit One and Applied Bank on Monday. Here it is Thursday and they still show open. I just worry because of the horror stories i've seen on closing some of these sub prime cards. I even sent extra money on final payment just in case.

Thanks

Fico scores 800+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: For those that closed a Credit One account...

A couple days.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 8
rtw
Established Contributor

I'd be interested in that answer as well. I just closed my account with them today with a $0 balance reporting.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 3 of 8
RSCo
Established Contributor

I'm sure they are closed in their own internal systems, however, the update to the CB of any account status will happen during their normal monthly reporting times...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 8
akabigo
Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

I'm sure they are closed in their own internal systems, however, the update to the CB of any account status will happen during their normal monthly reporting times...

I'm just curious about the status of the accounts on the creditors website. i am not even at the CB paranoia yet Smiley Frustrated

Fico scores 800+
Message 5 of 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I closed mine over a month ago, I can still log in and do all the normal functions on their website and it still shows my credit line.  only thing that has changed is they are no longer offering me a CLI (which was a fee)

very weird, it also didn't report at all the the CRAs this month.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 8
affluenter
Valued Member

I closed mine in November 2012 with a $0.00 balance but I can still access my online account. It still shows all of my account info, but the credit score hasn't updated since Nov 2012.

Message 7 of 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

it's funny about 5 minutes after posting in this thread I got a notification from myFico that my C1 bank card was reported as closed!!!! took them long enough LOL

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.