cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those that dont know, Circuit City is still OPEN!!!!

tag
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

For those that dont know, Circuit City is still OPEN!!!!

circuitcity.com

i believe soome stores are still open too.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: For those that dont know, Circuit City is still OPEN!!!!

@y0rascal wrote:

circuitcity.com

i believe soome stores are still open too.

It's not the same.  Plus, Chase closed my CC card. 

Message 2 of 13
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

The store I miss is CompUSA.

I know, they've got an online thing.  It's not the same, either.

I used to practically live in that store.  I could not drive past the town it was in without the car veering off towards that place, all by itself, out of habit!

And I still haven't found anyplace that has all the techie stuff they did.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes stores live on and on. One place where we always shopped and actually issued me I believe my second ever Credit Card is Montgomery Wards.

YES, the stores are all gone but we have still shopped at their online store. Although we closed and paid off our acct when all the stores closed they still have a Montgomery Ward credit card. They have been sending us catoalogs with pre-approved accounts and whats funny, is as i read them, it appears their Credit Card operations are now handled by SEVENTH AVE/SWISS COLONY.

Although we do not use their Credit Services, I can say anything we have ever ordered has been a good value and customer service has always been efficent.

Message 4 of 13
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I just checked out circuit city's website and boy do they have some deals.I just ordered a 42 inch lg 720p lcd hdtv for 600 dollars for my room and i am not throught shopping.Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, this is a lot like what happened with Linens N Things went out of business. Another company bought the brand image, name, website, etc. but this "new" circuit city is not at all related to the old one. Completely different company just operating under the old look to try to rake in more business by using a well known and perhaps trusted brand image. Circuit city cards can't be used there, or gift card/certificates, credits, warranties, etc. all of that stuff went by the wayside during the bankruptcy. This is a new company that just picked up their name and look. Not to say this will turn out to be a bad thing, perhaps the new guys will be great. I just didn't want anyone to make a purchase thinking Circuity City was still alive and just doing online only sales...

I think the company that bought the CC name/website, etc is called Systemex or something like that. 

Message 6 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I used to practically live in that store.  I could not drive past the town it was in without the car veering off towards that place, all by itself, out of habit!

And I still haven't found anyplace that has all the techie stuff they did.

And you probably won't! RadioShack is probably the only thing even close on a national basis.

To make you feel worse we still have stores here in Florida. I have one about a mile from the homestead. Incredibly handy for shopping. If I'm buying, however, and and can put together a $100 order or order "free shipping" items I go through ShopDiscover and earn the 5% reward. (I have an order working right now!) No sales tax would be good, but CompUSA's prices are usually good enough that it is not worth dealing with another outfit. I would pay the tax in the store, anyway. Store to window shop, tire kick and for emergencies - web for nonurgent purchases and rewards. It's a great combination!

http://www.compusa.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

Message 7 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

BTW - I just checked and Systemax, Inc. owns:

TigerDirect

TigerDirect Canada

CompUSA

CircuitCity,

plus a few more concerns.

They all have great deals. Just make sure you check the item description for a Refurb'ed/Reconditioned legend. I even bought a refurb'ed MP3 player from CompUSA and it is great! I just wish CompUSA shipped a day or two faster!

Message 8 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

we have a store here.  not very good, but then it never really was in my opinion.  so expensive!  we only go there if we can't find what we're looking for anywhere else.

Message 9 of 13
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:   ....Circuit city cards can't be used there, or gift card/certificates, credits, warranties, etc. all of that stuff went by the wayside during the bankruptcy. This is a new company that just picked up their name and look....

Think they'd honor a couple of old Caldor's gift certificates I've got hanging around? :smileyhappy: 

@CWCID, I didn't know!  I may just have to take a run to FL!!  I like the ShopDiscover thing, but in-store is what I miss, for sure!

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 10-30-2009 05:14 AM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.