cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those that dont know, Circuit City is still OPEN!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For those that dont know, Circuit City is still OPEN!!!!

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:   ....Circuit city cards can't be used there, or gift card/certificates, credits, warranties, etc. all of that stuff went by the wayside during the bankruptcy. This is a new company that just picked up their name and look....

Think they'd honor a couple of old Caldor's gift certificates I've got hanging around? :smileyhappy: 

Ha! Caldor. Wow, there's one I haven't heard for a while.

Message 11 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:   ....Circuit city cards can't be used there, or gift card/certificates, credits, warranties, etc. all of that stuff went by the wayside during the bankruptcy. This is a new company that just picked up their name and look....

Think they'd honor a couple of old Caldor's gift certificates I've got hanging around? :smileyhappy: 

Ha! Caldor. Wow, there's one I haven't heard for a while.

Liquidated in BK ten years ago.

Message 12 of 13
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, this is a lot like what happened with Linens N Things went out of business. Another company bought the brand image, name, website, etc. but this "new" circuit city is not at all related to the old one. Completely different company just operating under the old look to try to rake in more business by using a well known and perhaps trusted brand image. Circuit city cards can't be used there, or gift card/certificates, credits, warranties, etc. all of that stuff went by the wayside during the bankruptcy. This is a new company that just picked up their name and look. Not to say this will turn out to be a bad thing, perhaps the new guys will be great. I just didn't want anyone to make a purchase thinking Circuity City was still alive and just doing online only sales...

I think the company that bought the CC name/website, etc is called Systemex or something like that. 

+1. The company that bought the brand name, etc. runs circuitcity.com as well as tigerdirect.com. I believe they may also run compusa.com, but I'm not exactly sure. I still order online from LNT, CompUSA, Circuit City and Tigerdirect. Don't find many deals at LNT, but I have gotten some pretty good deals on electronics from the other sites to build the new pc I put together yesterday. Just waiting on the right deal for a 50" LCD or LED TV.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.