Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who got Nordstroms cc upgraded to Visa

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

For those who got Nordstroms cc upgraded to Visa

For those members who had their Nordstrom Store retail card, and was able to upgrade it the Visa, I have a few questions if you wouldnt mind answering please.

1.  Did it report as a new account on the CRA, or did they just change your exisiting acct to report a different number etc..

2.  What was your EX score when you got the upgrade?

3. What was your CL at time of upgrade.

Thanks for your input! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Re: For those who got Nordstroms cc upgraded to Visa

Pizza, never had a Nordstrom card but since no one has answered you yet, thought I post to get you a bump.

I got nothing.
Message 2 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:
Pizza, never had a Nordstrom card but since no one has answered you yet, thought I post to get you a bump.

I got nothing.

LOL...Thanks Igna! Smiley Wink

I dont think this card is that popular on the boards to begin with, and the upgrade to the Visa is probably less popular. I hope that a few people that have asked for the upgrade and got it, do respond though.  Would help the rest of us out that want it in the future. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

For those members who had their Nordstrom Store retail card, and was able to upgrade it the Visa, I have a few questions if you wouldnt mind answering please.

1.  Did it report as a new account on the CRA, or did they just change your exisiting acct to report a different number etc..

Separate account with original open date IIRC

2.  What was your EX score when you got the upgrade?

>700

3. What was your CL at time of upgrade.

Don't recall...went from 2k Tier 3 Store to 15k Tier 1 Visa in 4 month increments in less than 2 years. 

Thanks for your input! Smiley Wink

This was well before TD Bank took over, so not sure how it's being handled now.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

giving you another bump due to your bad expereicne with synch

Message 5 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

giving you another bump due to your bad expereicne with synch

What bad experience?  And, TD bank owns Nordstrom retail and branded cards.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received the regular Nordstrom's card via TD bank.  Some posts I've heard that after they're charged/paid, they did get decent cli's.  Some auto. They only started me with 1k but I like the store and will use it and see what happends in 6 months.  EX was almost 800 when approved for the regular.  And I still had to call in for them to verify.  

Message 7 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Mine was a new acct number with the original open date.

Ever since the conversion they (TD) have been very conservative about any additional CLI.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an huge credit limit increase right before Anniversary sale.  I have read here that the credit limit has to be 5k to get the Visa and also that they aren't processing any changes to Visa right now for a couple months.  My limit was increased to just shy of 5k. I called to try to get it up a bit more, but was denied.  I haven't quite had the card 7 months yet, and that's when threads here seem to say increases come, so my plan is to ask for an increase at 7 months and ask to transfer to the Visa at the same time.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.