Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who have BBVA NBA AMEX..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those who have BBVA NBA AMEX..

For those who have this card -- when did this card first report to your CRAs after opening ? I am in the middle of a fiasco with them right now (posted in detail on another thread - they closed my account citing security reasons, working with a VP on resolution) and I am afraid it's going to tank my score when it reports with a balance of $1200 on a CLOSED a account !!! I was approved 11/3, first statement cut a few days ago but no due date listed or anything yet. Some have said it was within 30 days but others said as many as 90 days after opening ??

Reason I ask, is if I get this reopened soon it may not affect my UTIL badly -- or if it remains closed I'm going to BT the balance to my partners 0% card which I'm AU on. That won't affect my UTIL I'm told at all, as AU accounts don't take into account your UTIL? We are not related or married btw. Partners.

So, any one? When did your BBVA Amex report ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: For those who have BBVA NBA AMEX..

Don't have the card, so can't help with the timing, but I do have two closed CC with balances.

Did BBVA change your CL or just close the card? Because if they just closed the card with no change to the CL, then you won't be hurt by utilization, like you would if they also CLD the card. One of my closed cards, for example, still shows over a $20k CL, even though the card has been closed for 5 years and the balance is down to under $1k. The banks seem to do either CLD OR close the card, in my experience, rarely both.

but then again, we are talking about BBVA, the psyco bank, so maybe my experience doesn't apply in this universe...

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To keep yourself from stressing over it, it may be in your best interest to just do the BT to your partner's Amex. If they reopen the account, great. If they don't, you will have already moved the balance. Best of luck!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm doing the BT today regardless.

Also to NRB25 - so wait when a lender closes your account the CL still reports and plays into your UTIL?? I was told if a card is closed it will count against you if it's closed with a balanced because technically it's maxed out if it's closed with balance ?? I'm confused now. Anyone have comfirm
Message 4 of 6
gibeon
Established Contributor

Joeyzoom,

I don't know about BBVA, but AU cards definitely affect your UTIL %, both positive and negative.

For utilization and AAoA purposes they look the same as your own personal accounts on your report.

However, $1200 reports much better on any open TL with a higher limit than that amount vs a closed TL with $0 limit.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told if you are AU on a card with a person who does not share the last name and or is a spouse, the trade line is basically a "ghost trade line" and isn't taken into account when calculating YOUR score. Everyone has a different story it seems.

Either way for AU I'm taking about my partners new $10k Venture and $10k QS. So if they affect my UTIL they should majorly help me :-)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.