cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who have gotten Best Buy Luv...

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

For those who have gotten Best Buy Luv...

Will you kindly participate in a survey?  I have hit the luv twice, and the reason I was given for denial was "information obtain off your credit report".  These were softs.  I know I can't be the only one who needs this info! Hope this is ok to post...if not, mods, do your thing.  Smiley Happy

1) How long did you have Best Buy?

2) Store card or MC?  DO you also have Orchard/HSBC?

3) Spending habits/Payment habits?

4) Baddies on report? Scores at CLI time?

5) Original CL?  New CL?

6) Call in or luv button push? 

Thanks, guys...I am trying to figure the whole thing out.  I was given a $2200 limit, buy something every month, PIF'ed, including my no fees amount from December--$600.  I am at my 4 month statement, scores in 68s, and still no luv.  Smiley Sad  I do have an old baddie about to fall off, but I can't see why that matters since they gave me the card in the first place?  

I do have two Orchards, both who gave me CLI of $100 this month, but only AFTER I was denied BB.  Trying to decide if I should recon...trying to boost score by raising limits.   

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: For those who have gotten Best Buy Luv...

My friend and I have a Best Buy Store card and have had it for like 6 years. He went through BK and did not include the account, they left it open, now it's been years and his credit is in the 740's and when I hit luv button it declines for BK. Current CL $2900
Message 2 of 7
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Creditaddict!  No BK here, but wondering if it is the large AMEX baddie from my ex which should fall off soon?
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1)How long did you have Best Buy? Since July of 2008

2) Store card or MC?  DO you also have Orchard/HSBC? Store card no Orchard

3) Spending habits/Payment habits? I do a lot of spending at Best Buy

4) Baddies on report? Scores at CLI time? 1 largeCO. scores were between 640 to 700

5) Original CL?  New CL? $1100 to $3100

6) Call in or luv button push? always via the luv button except I got 1 at the store the day I opened the account

Message 4 of 7
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

l9ikjam, I guess I have to keep trying!  We have similar stories and my scores are at or above yours, but still no luv.  Smiley Sad

DId you JUST get your first luv button CLI?  How long after the store CLI did you have to wait? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the luv button every 4 Months and so far it's been good to me. I do not know how these companies determine who gets 1 r not but I'm stuck with a few cards that no matter how much I use them they refuse to give me a CLI. I see other people with the same cards that's getting auto CLI's. If I was u the next time u go to Best Buy I would try to get 1 at the desk. Tell them you're thinking of buying 1 of those big giant tv's. That worked with my 1st CLI.
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

1) How long did you have Best Buy?
CLI at 9 (?) months

2) Store card or MC? DO you also have Orchard/HSBC?
Store card. No other HSBC/ Orchard accounts (whew)

3) Spending habits/Payment habits?
Barely used it. Highest balance might have been $120. I only used it maybe 4 times total. Always PIF'd before statement drop except for one time when it didn't process in time. Total util almost non-existent.

4) Baddies on report? Scores at CLI time?
Multiple lates --total of around 10 on 4 accounts. None in over two years. All 30's except 60-90 combo. No other baddies. 720-ish?

5) Original CL? New CL?
$2500 --> $4000

6) Call in or luv button push?
Luv button push. I called once or twice before and was shot out of the water. I have no clue why I got it this time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.