Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with a BMW Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those with a BMW Visa

Got my card today and it won't let me add to Apple Pay. For those who have it, has anyone tried this? It looks like it should because they are listed on Apple's website.

Also... what is their CLI policy? It says a report will be pulled but do we know if it is a soft or hard pull?

Thanks
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: For those with a BMW Visa

@Anonymous wrote:
Got my card today and it won't let me add to Apple Pay. For those who have it, has anyone tried this? It looks like it should because they are listed on Apple's website.

Also... what is their CLI policy? It says a report will be pulled but do we know if it is a soft or hard pull?

Thanks

I don't have the card so I don't know the specific wording, but any time any issuer refers to a report being pulled/obtained/checked, it means a hard pull.  Soft pulls use language more like (from Citi): "A credit bureau report will not be requested"

Message 2 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't tried mine with Apple Pay so can't answer you there. CLI are always HP. I don't recall seeing any auto CLI either, but they're good for increasing your limit if you give them a HP.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It actually says "a credit report will be reviewed"
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty @b335is
Do you know if they use TU for CLI like they do for the original app?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is their card by BMW financial services?
Message 6 of 13
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

DJ,  I suspect you're going to be the guinnea pig for this one.  Doesn't seem to be many people around here with the card or apps shown on the CRDB.  Might be a good idea to start a BMW thread like my Disco one documenting the nuances of the card and how they work.  

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @12....

@austin... good idea. I think one or two had the card back when I applied. But you are right-very little info on this card.

Message 8 of 13
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Didn't you end up waiting 3 months and 2 pulls just to get in the door?

Message 9 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous @B335is
Do you know if they use TU for CLI like they do for the original app?

99% it will be another TU pull. As with anything credit, it's possible they'd pull another report but unlikely. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.