Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with old Amex baddies on your CR's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those with old Amex baddies on your CR's

This was posted on another board, but it may help some of those here (who don't sneak to other places to read) about Amex and the old accounts that are popping up for some

They posted: 

I called Experian's toll free number today (800-493-1058) to check if they received a letter I sent to dispute an amount of a paid balance that never updated. After the call was answered there is an option (#9) "If you have experienced Adverse Action from American Express press 9."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: For those with old Amex baddies on your CR's

@Anonymous wrote:

"If you have experienced Adverse Action from American Express press 9."

wow - so wide spread it's become an automated response option??  skerry- 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering how many people have been having this happen, I guess it's necessary, lol.
Message 3 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This was posted on another board, but it may help some of those here (who don't sneak to other places to read) about Amex and the old accounts that are popping up for some

They posted: 

I called Experian's toll free number today (800-493-1058) to check if they received a letter I sent to dispute an amount of a paid balance that never updated. After the call was answered there is an option (#9) "If you have experienced Adverse Action from American Express press 9."

If AMEX took AA against me about twenty years ago and I press 9 will Experian do something good for me?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might. Why don't you call and see if they delete that old tradeline, if you want it gone.

Then come back and let us know. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

What do they do different when you push 9? All they can do is pat you on the head and say, "There, there, it will be alright." How would you like to have the job of answering calls all day from people who have had AMEX take AA against them and were directed to your CB as the source of the information that the decision was based on. I work in a call center and I would only want to handle those calls on a day when I had eaten my Wheaties and was well fortified! Eight hours of pure torture surely to follow...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No doubt!

I don't have an Amex that came back from the grave to haunt me, so I don't know what actually happens when you push 9.

The only other instance I can relate this to is when Sallie Mae messed up reporting on Equifax a few months back.

When they have to dedicate an entire option to this, you know things are seriously wrong for MANY.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

To update this from what I gathered from the other site.

If you press 9 it tells you if you have been affected from a CLD or Closure from Amex to contact Amex, that Experian cannot help you.

Obviously Amex has been on the rampage, but why would people call the credit bureaus to complain???

Anyway....

Message 8 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To update this from what I gathered from the other site.

If you press 9 it tells you if you have been affected from a CLD or Closure from Amex to contact Amex, that Experian cannot help you.

Obviously Amex has been on the rampage, but why would people call the credit bureaus to complain???

Anyway....

They call them because when AA is taken the consumer has the right to obtain a free copy of the credit report used to provide the information the action was based on. AMEX says go to EX to get your CBR and therefore EX gets a bunch of irate phone calls. I'd put a recording on there too!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.