cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force update credit cards

tag
pixa241

Force update credit cards

Ok so i had quite a bit of debt in credit cards with Amazon..walmart..paypal..lowes..capital one..best buy..and first premier bank. Now i paid off all my balances and now have 0 debt. The thing is i am trying to buy a house and need the balances to update as soon as possible. Is there anyway to force update them?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Force update credit cards

Most will do a mid-cycle update if you just call or use secure messaging and ask them to.

Message 2 of 9
pixa241

Yeah thats what ibwas hoping for. I called walmart and they said they dont because they have an automated machine.

Message 3 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Try updating your address, some have reported this working. Good luck
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 9
NoNonsense
Established Member

@pixa241 wrote:

Yeah thats what ibwas hoping for. I called walmart and they said they dont because they have an automated machine.

They use one of them "automated machines"?  No more manual abacus?!?  Wow, Walmart always in the cutting edge, uh?Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, I hope you get a serious, useful response from somebody, because that's an interesting issue that can came up handy, one day....

Message 5 of 9
pixa241

Yes thats what I said, I actually just called Lowes as well and asked them if they could do it, they told me that whenever you zero out an account that they actually report it the same day. So lowes said they updated my report that  same day I made the payment, how long will it take the credit bureus to update that? Also I asked her if all the GE cards do the same, and she said that she assumes they do but is not 100% sure.

Message 6 of 9
zerobacan
Established Contributor

All GE accs wally. Lowes. Amazon. You can do this trick.

Go and update your address you can add or take a letter and then put it back the next day. It will make them update youe balance the very next day. Exp first then eq and finally Tu.
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 7 of 9
pixa241

Cool. I actually did move since i sold my house and i updated my address so we'll see if it works.
Message 8 of 9
user5387
Valued Contributor

You might check out the rapid rescoring angle used in the mortgage business.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.