Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to keep Venture until April 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forced to keep Venture until April 2016

I was wondering what happened! Ugh I only had 3 more days till I could combine! DAMN YOU CO!

Message 11 of 23
grizindabox
Valued Member

@longtimelurker wrote:

Aren't there two different things: 

1) Transfer reward points from account to account

2) Transfer CL from card to card (consolidate)

I guess if you cannot redeem you want to do 1 to do 2, but these are two differnet (currently unavailable!) functions

I also believe people are confusing two different things. This thread is about transfering rewards between cards.  I believe the link to consolidate CL from card to card should be back around the first of the year.

Message 12 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Aren't there two different things: 

1) Transfer reward points from account to account

2) Transfer CL from card to card (consolidate)

I guess if you cannot redeem you want to do 1 to do 2, but these are two differnet (currently unavailable!) functions

Correct. I want to do an account  combination but can't do that right now because I'm unable to transfer my miles first.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

Contacted Capital One because I no longer see the option to transfer rewards points between card accounts.  I have a Venture which has $1,000 in miles that I want to transfer to Venture One since the Venture one has an APR of 15.99 as opposed to 22.99% for the Venture.  My plan was to transfer the miles and then do an account combination.  Capital One says the transfer feature won't be available until April 2016.  Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the info, 12njoy, I am disappointed also as I was ready to complete a consolidation of 3 cards in January.

Now I'm hoping that in April, they do not come back and say -we're still working on it to bring you the best possible customer experience, etc. etc, check back with us in August..... Smiley Sad

Did they tell you that April was the anticipated return date for account combinations as well as point consolidations? Thanks

Message 14 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

Agreed 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 15 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

From reading other boards as well as here there is been many rounds of a lot of peeps calling in to complain about issues with it so i guess they have had enough and decided to just pull the feature completely.

Let's see how long it takes but does anyone know if Capital One has even advertised or forwarded an official notice when they began to do this from the start?

Message 16 of 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

Cap One is planning on releasing a new card late this fall.

Maybe they took this option down before releasing this card for new apps.

Just a thought.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 17 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Contacted Capital One because I no longer see the option to transfer rewards points between card accounts.  I have a Venture which has $1,000 in miles that I want to transfer to Venture One since the Venture one has an APR of 15.99 as opposed to 22.99% for the Venture.  My plan was to transfer the miles and then do an account combination.  Capital One says the transfer feature won't be available until April 2016.  Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the info, 12njoy, I am disappointed also as I was ready to complete a consolidation of 3 cards in January.

Now I'm hoping that in April, they do not come back and say -we're still working on it to bring you the best possible customer experience, etc. etc, check back with us in August..... Smiley Sad

Did they tell you that April was the anticipated return date for account combinations as well as point consolidations? Thanks

No they actually aid the account combination would be back up at midnight on the day I called.  Ummmm, it wasn't back up

___________ 12Njoy
Message 18 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

From reading other boards as well as here there is been many rounds of a lot of peeps calling in to complain about issues with it so i guess they have had enough and decided to just pull the feature completely.

Let's see how long it takes but does anyone know if Capital One has even advertised or forwarded an official notice when they began to do this from the start?

So goes my hopes for a 50k single credit card limit

___________ 12Njoy
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is a viable option - but will they allow you to downgrade the card to a VentureOne Card and keep the points? Glad I consolidated my 150k points to one card before they stopped transfers Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.