cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned

Contributor

Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned

I was content to stay until the garden until at least January to help grow my AAoA so I could get in with Chase and Amex.

Unfortunately, I have just had my fall from grace: 2 inquiries as reported by Credit Sesame Smiley Sad

This was due not to to temptation, but to ignorance. I got fed up with jumping through more hoops than a dolphin at sea world to keep my Wells Fargo student account fee-free so I decided to switch to a credit union in my college town. I didn't realize that this would be a hard pull.

I joined yesterday and was feeling great until I woke up this morning and saw the two inquiries: one for joining the account and one from Elan financial (I guess the banker apped me for the Student card without asking… doesn't she know that I'm watching my inquiries?!?)

I'm not too optimistic about my approval chances with 4 INQs on my thin file and about 30% UTIL on my last report (moving back to school and floating higher than normal balances so I'm taking advantage of my 0% APR). I'm just hoping I'll get something so I can at least have a new TL out of the INQ I didn't want.

Oh well. I'm still happy I'm voting with my lone and saying no to Wells Fargo's fees, it's just too bad my principled stand resulted in 2 INQs.
20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned


sergi0wned wrote:
I was content to stay until the garden until at least January to help grow my AAoA so I could get in with Chase and Amex.

Unfortunately, I have just had my fall from grace: 2 inquiries as reported by Credit Sesame Smiley Sad

This was due not to to temptation, but to ignorance. I got fed up with jumping through more hoops than a dolphin at sea world to keep my Wells Fargo student account fee-free so I decided to switch to a credit union in my college town. I didn't realize that this would be a hard pull.

I joined yesterday and was feeling great until I woke up this morning and saw the two inquiries: one for joining the account and one from Elan financial (I guess the banker apped me for the Student card without asking… doesn't she know that I'm watching my inquiries?!?)

I'm not too optimistic about my approval chances with 4 INQs on my thin file and about 30% UTIL on my last report (moving back to school and floating higher than normal balances so I'm taking advantage of my 0% APR). I'm just hoping I'll get something so I can at least have a new TL out of the INQ I didn't want.

Oh well. I'm still happy I'm voting with my lone and saying no to Wells Fargo's fees, it's just too bad my principled stand resulted in 2 INQs.

I'm telling Lol

The banker did it story....sure Smiley LOL

Congrats and straight back to the garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned

I can already see her shaking her head…

I swear she did! I was happy in the garden!

I guess I'll be in the garden even longer to age these suckers off.
20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Message 3 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned


sergi0wned wrote:
I can already see her shaking her head…

I swear she did! I was happy in the garden!

I guess I'll be in the garden even longer to age these suckers off.

You know its coming...Shaking my headSmiley LOL

I would advise you to check into the garden now to make amends before she gets here...

Knowing that you have to deal with Lexie I will take it easy on you this timeSmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned

Check in complete. Hopefully my youthful ignorance is forgivable haha
20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Message 5 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned


sergi0wned wrote:
Check in complete. Hopefully my youthful ignorance is forgivable haha

I saw it LOL 

Good luck with Lexie

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned

Ohhhhhhhhhh no youuuuuuuuuuu didn't




Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Moderator Emerita

Re: Forgive me Lexie09 for I have sinned

What?! You were doing soooo well!

Shaking my head! X2!
Message 8 of 8