Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former HSBC Accounts Info FAQ

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Former HSBC Accounts Info FAQ

I typed this up due to the amount of misinformation and threads asking the same questions about HSBC/Capital One. Feel free to add additional information.

Will my account number change?
Most account numbers will remain the same, however a small portion of account numbers may be changed.

Can I product change into a Capital One branded product such as Venture One or Cash Rewards?
Not at this time, your account is currently serviced by Capital One Card Services, a division of Capital One Bank USA, NA formerly known as HSBC Bank Nevada, NA. Sometime this year you will be able to after the transition is complete.

Which accounts continue to be serviced by HSBC?
HSBC Bank USA, NA has retained all HSBC Premier World MasterCard cards and prime versions of the HSBC Platinum MasterCard and HSBC Platinum MasterCard with Cash or Fly Rewards card products. These accounts were not transitioned over to Capital One.

Who currently services my formerly issued HSBC account?
Your account is currently serviced by Capital One Card Services, a division of Capital One Bank USA, NA formerly known as HSBC Bank Nevada, NA. For now, continue to access the existing online account manager and phone number on the back of your card for service.

Can I register my formerly HSBC issued product on CapitalOne.com? If not, when?
Not until the transition is completed, currently set for spring 2013.

When will all accounts be managed and serviced by one unified system?
Not until the transition is completed, currently set for spring 2013.

Why does my credit report reflect “Capital One” for some accounts and “Capital One Bank, USA NA” for others?
Capital One is the name reported to the bureaus for formerly issued HSBC accounts, eventually the name will change to Capital One Bank USA, NA as with other original Capital One accounts.

I have two original Capital One accounts and one or more formerly issued HSBC accounts, what happens?
Despite the two account limit with Capital One Bank USA, NA, you will be able to retain your existing accounts.

Can I request a limit increase on my previously HSBC issued product?
Not at this time, Capital One Card Services as of 1/9/13 have temporarily stopped accepting limit requests until further notice. This is probably to prepare for the final transition.

Until the transition is complete, Capital One Bank USA, NA and Capital One Card Services formerly HSBC Card Services/Bank Nevada, NA (which includes Househould Bank, Orchard Bank, Best Buy RewardZone, etc) continue to operate independently of each other for the purpose of customer service, general service, online account manager and product offerings. Sometime this year, expected to be Spring 2013, it will be one unified company and offering.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BellaBuckie
Established Member

Re: Former HSBC Accounts Info FAQ

hummm paid my high annual AF for ochard n bbrz ..so i can wait another year with them to see what happends...i hope they will get this all settled soon..they have been great so far as to keeping most old accounts open..TY 4 the info Smiley Happy

Staying in the garden.. at least till Dec 2013 ?
EQ/myfico/689,
TU/CK 687,Walmart 712
EX/CS 739
Message 2 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Good guide!

only thing is to edit where it says 

not at this. im not exactly sure what you mean by this.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 12
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Extremely frustrating as I got a letter from Capital 1 stating they were going to refund my processing application fee on my Gold Orchard Bank within 3 months. I am still waiting and it is now 6 months later. I sent an email to Orchard.. They politely said we have no control of what Cap1 does to our account, please contact them. Wouldn't you know, I contacted them and they said contact Orchard as we issued the credit but we see they did not issue it to you.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 4 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Why wait to see where the Orchard goes? It's going to stay the same, with the exception of the annual fee probably going to their standard (cap 1) $39.00 step card AF, with a better chance of lightning striking you, or a winning lottery ticket, before you ever see any type of CLI or rewards structured.

Message 5 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

Good info. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 6 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Good info, I am surprised Capital One isn't doing any CLI on Best Buy cards, thanks for posting

Message 7 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I just want a CLI on my Household card...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 12
JK21
Established Member

Does anyone know what will happen to Orchard Card holders? I saw that they don't offer the card anymore. Anyone hear anything?

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 614
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JK21 wrote:

Does anyone know what will happen to Orchard Card holders? I saw that they don't offer the card anymore. Anyone hear anything?

The FAQ pretty much says it all in terms of the details we know; really isn't much more out there.

I did hear elsewhere of an Orchard card holder recently having their account closed; however, this appears to be a one-off rather than current policy.  No real idea what triggered it either.

I think one of the prior poster's surmise was correct: we'll be rolled into a one of the mainline Cap One products (not sure about the AF reduction though, they don't have much incentive to do that).  The only question though is if it will have additional restrictions on it vis a vis the accounts Chase bought from Wamu having some utterly annoying PC restrictions.

        
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.