Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Wamu cardholders thinking about converting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Former Wamu cardholders thinking about converting

I spoke with a Chase advisor yesterday and was told that I could add "free rewards" to my current card. No annual fee or other changes. It's a 1 for 1 reward program--not the greatest in the world but better than no reward at all. If you're interested you might have to specifically ask for it. Yesterday was about the 3rd time I've talked with Chase about product conversion and it was the first time this option was offered.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Former Wamu cardholders thinking about converting

they coveer my wamu  flexable  rewards I 1652 I will a $10 gift card close and combine with my amazon 3-2-1

10000 =$100 cash whicch is 1% return

also since you don't have a co branded product you should have access to chase rewards plus which is their online mallthat recive more than 1/$1 aon merchants there,

Message 2 of 4
heirophant
Established Contributor

I think a lot of people who are getting the "cannot convert your card" message are calling Chase directly because like me, you also have a Chase card and are trying to combine your limits at the same time.  You should call the number on the back of your WaMu card (1-866-892-9268).  It goes to the "Credit Card Department."  I think this unit is still being run by the former WaMu reps.  They just now have access to Chase's systems.  I converted my normal no rewards Platinum Mastercard to the PerfectCard yesterday.  No questions asked.  They just said they will add the rewards program to my existing card and I will just continue to use it.  When it renews next year, I will then get the new Chase card.  I was also able to combine my limits to the PerfectCard after they transferred my call to the appropriate department.  Just FYI for everyone on this forum since I have not seen this information shared yet.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing.Called the number on the back of my wamu card and chose and enrolled into the perfect card rewards.I guess i use the card i got now untill they send another one.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.