cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Etiquette

Established Contributor

Re: Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful


smarzig wrote:

I just got spanked by saying that someone with very few posts knew alot.

At first I disagreed with the mod but thinking about it, its not really mine to tell ppl
how much they should and shouldn't know based on their posts :-)

 

I repent.


There is hope for all mankind Smiley Very Happy

 

'diver


Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: 773 EQ(DCU), 757 TU(Barclay), 788 EX(Credit.com)
Goal Score:760 X 3


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 43
Valued Member

Re: Forum Etiquette

I think this was a great piece for individuals that  who has just joined the forum like myself. This place is packed with information and very inspiring to get yourself better credit wise. Thanks


Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 43
Regular Contributor

Helpful?

I'm being 100% serious with this. Why are some people so distinctly and consistently rude, condescending, and plain unhelpful on this forum? 99% are so great. Why are the others allowed to answer people with non-answers and jokes and rude responses? No one wants every question to be answered with "it depends" or "your credit sucks" or " figure it out yourself" We were all credit-babies once. Why hang out if you don't want to teach from life experience?
Message 33 of 43
Valued Contributor

Re: Helpful?

No way to control behavior, but inappropriate posts can (and should IMO) be reported anonymously.

Ch13 Discharge 4/15: Start Rebuild 10/15: GOAL 720    

GARDENING SINCE 5/16/16
Message 34 of 43
Valued Contributor

Re: Helpful?


thatguy917 wrote:
I'm being 100% serious with this. Why are some people so distinctly and consistently rude, condescending, and plain unhelpful on this forum? 99% are so great. Why are the others allowed to answer people with non-answers and jokes and rude responses? No one wants every question to be answered with "it depends" or "your credit sucks" or " figure it out yourself" We were all credit-babies once. Why hang out if you don't want to teach from life experience?

People will only change if they want to change themselves. We just have to accept the fact that there are people like this....I know, it sucks lol. 

 

BTW, feel free to use the "report inappropriate" button on the "options" drop down if a post is not FSR. 

.
Message 35 of 43
Moderator

Re: Helpful?

Added this to the forum etiquette thread as a reminder to us all to be more kind when responding. If you're not able to be kind when posting, I would hope that one would understand they don't need to post anything at that time.

I would urge anyone who sees posts that are being made that are rude, condescending, or plain unhelpful to report those posts to the mods so that we can see them and try to fix the issues.
Message 36 of 43
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Helpful?


Monoglot wrote:

thatguy917 wrote:
I'm being 100% serious with this. Why are some people so distinctly and consistently rude, condescending, and plain unhelpful on this forum? 99% are so great. Why are the others allowed to answer people with non-answers and jokes and rude responses? No one wants every question to be answered with "it depends" or "your credit sucks" or " figure it out yourself" We were all credit-babies once. Why hang out if you don't want to teach from life experience?

People will only change if they want to change themselves. We just have to accept the fact that there are people like this....I know, it sucks lol. 

 

BTW, feel free to use the "report inappropriate" button on the "options" drop down if a post is not FSR. 


Well said!


Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards. EQ: 763 TU: 737 EX: 787
Message 37 of 43
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Helpful?


Kenny wrote:
Added this to the forum etiquette thread as a reminder to us all to be more kind when responding. If you're not able to be kind when posting, I would hope that one would understand they don't need to post anything at that time.

I would urge anyone who sees posts that are being made that are rude, condescending, or plain unhelpful to report those posts to the mods so that we can see them and try to fix the issues.

Thanks, Kenny!


Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards. EQ: 763 TU: 737 EX: 787
Message 38 of 43
Senior Contributor

Re: Helpful?


thatguy917 wrote:
I'm being 100% serious with this. Why are some people so distinctly and consistently rude, condescending, and plain unhelpful on this forum? 99% are so great. Why are the others allowed to answer people with non-answers and jokes and rude responses? No one wants every question to be answered with "it depends" or "your credit sucks" or " figure it out yourself" We were all credit-babies once. Why hang out if you don't want to teach from life experience?

I agree. When it's the same people doing it over and over, and nothing changes, it gets very frustrating. I've seen new people not come back because of this, and have seen established people leave the board and give this specifically as the reason.

 

 

I hope this will change in the New Year as we all re-evaluate what is working and what is not. Smiley Happy



Favorite Cards : ~ Citi Double Cash World Elite MasterCard ~
~ American Express Blue Cash Preferred ~ Chase Hyatt Visa Signature ~
~ Citi AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ~ Citi Prestige ~ Alaska Airlines Visa Signature ~ Discover it Miles ~
Message 39 of 43
Super Contributor

Re: Forum Etiquette

I hate when a credit card isn't a good fit for someone, so then they troll every thread related to it and go "that card sucks"
Message 40 of 43