Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four INQs set to drop off tomorrow

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Four INQs set to drop off tomorrow

So with 9 INQUIRIES in two years, four are set to drop off tomorrow.  

This could be good for overall scores but I'm concerned it could have some negative side effects since the remaining 5 will all be INQS from 12/2013.  

It will look to both manual and auto UW the appearance of too many RECENT INQS.  Too many new recent accounts.  

Perhaps for future CC endeavors a regular pattern of credit seeking every 3 months might be in order.  This will remove any cluster of INQs.    

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Four INQs set to drop off tomorrow

@Fico2Go wrote:

This could be good for overall scores but I'm concerned it could have some negative side effects since the remaining 5 will all be INQS from 12/2013.  

It will look to both manual and auto UW the appearance of too many RECENT INQS.  Too many new recent accounts.  

Perhaps for future CC endeavors a regular pattern of credit seeking every 3 months might be in order.  This will remove any cluster of INQs.    

I think you are correct in that you should space the CC apps out over time. I would also not expect a jump in score since INQs only effect your score for a year.

Message 2 of 7
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

I think you are correct in that you should space the CC apps out over time. I would also not expect a jump in score since INQs only effect your score for a year.

Correct.   I'm not so much concerned about the score jump as much as the actual presence of INQs on the CR.  

In some ways it's almost at least visually speaking looks better to have 1 INQ a month spaced througout the 2 year cycle.  The consensus here seems to be to garden for 6-12 months prior to new apping.  This might be counter productive in terms of clusters of INQ dates.  

Message 3 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

Correct.   I'm not so much concerned about the score jump as much as the actual presence of INQs on the CR.  

In some ways it's almost at least visually speaking looks better to have 1 INQ a month spaced througout the 2 year cycle.  The consensus here seems to be to garden for 6-12 months prior to new apping.  This might be counter productive in terms of clusters of INQ dates.  

I agree with you 100% on that. I always love to see the INQs age off for purely the look of the report. Plus, it never hurts during manual underwriting.

Message 4 of 7
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

inqs dont matter after a year

Message 5 of 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

For scores, they don't matter after a year.

For any individual credit issuer, that's a huge YMMV.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 6 of 7
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Now here's something strange which happened today.  After comparing today's CR with yesterday's,

I notice my FICO score jumped from  732  ===>  753  in 24 hours. 

Same account balances as yesterday

Same # accounts with balances as yesterday

Same util ratio

No new statement

No new accounts opened

No new inquiries

my 4 INQS are still on my report

What's going on guys?   How can scores jump 31 pt for no reason? 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.