Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Activity on my Chase Freedom MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraud Activity on my Chase Freedom MasterCard

Good evening!  I would like to share my experience I had this evening.

I stop by at gas station to pump the gas to my car.  But, the screen at the pump tells me to see cashier after I insert a card and enter the zip code.  I ask an employee and she said it has been going on all day long today, and customers are not able to pay at the pump.

When I return to my home.  There were message from Chase.  "Hello. This is the fraud prevention department at Chase calling for _____________.  We would like to verify some recent activity on your Chase Master Card ending in _____.  It is important thing you call us back ................."

Then when I call Chase, they told me someone was trying to charge on my card at some Mexican Airline for about $300, and it is on hold to charge.  So, this is the real reason of I could not pump the gas this evening.   Woman Surprised

Haaaa..... I have to wait for a new card ... most likely end of next week.  This is very inconvenience to me, because the gas station (at pump) is one of 15 bonus categories on Freedom.  Now I have to use other card to pump the gas.  Woman Sad

Does anyone had similar issue on your Chase credit card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud Activity on my Chase Freedom MasterCard

O my good thing they caught it.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-03-2008 10:45 PM
Message 2 of 7
treski
Frequent Contributor

I think that's definitely good looking-out by Chase, though!

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree; I'd gladly give up my 3% on a gas purchase to know that someone was watching out for me that way. I'm starting to like Chase more and more.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I agree; I'd gladly give up my 3% on a gas purchase to know that someone was watching out for me that way. I'm starting to like Chase more and more.

Yes, I know ... It was very good thing that Chase caught fraud activity.

So, hauling ...What's good things about Chase?  What do you like about Chase?

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

bunnyrabbit wrote:

Yes, I know ... It was very good thing that Chase caught fraud activity.

So, hauling ...What's good things about Chase?  What do you like about Chase?

Silly stuff, I suppose, but I like the simplicity and clarity of my account page, and I've always had good CS once they finally figured out that I really did have a card.

Mine seems to have gone missing though, and when I call to report it, if they say that they're going to report twice, one with the number for the lost/stolen card and one for the replacement, I figure that I might as well upgrade to a Freedom. Still on the fence about this one, though --it's 4 months before I wanted to get another inq. oh, well
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I concur. For some reason though, I had no idea that gas was a 3 percent category. I normally use my Discover for 5 percent, but it's only on the first $100; essentially 2 fill-ups. 

That's it. From now on, I'm going to use Discover for the first two and then Chase Freedom for the subsequent trips to the pump. I love Chase Freedom!

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.