Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert Question

tag
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Fraud Alert Question

If there is a fraud alert on my file and I apply for a credit card, and get denied even though no one called me to verify any information - Does that HP show up on my credit report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fraud Alert Question

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

If there is a fraud alert on my file and I apply for a credit card, and get denied even though no one called me to verify any information - Does that HP show up on my credit report?

Personally, if I was denied and I suspected it was because of the fraud alert, I'd call to have them reconsider the app. I don't know if it will or won't show up as a HP, you'd have to ask the people that you are doing the app with. It probably would show up as a HP though.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 2 of 3
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Fraud Alert Question

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

A fraud alert just means to contact you before they extend credit doesnt stop them from retrieving your CR .... so if you were denied then that means you didnt meet there qualifications and there was no call necessary the only thing that forces a credit extender to contact you is a CR Freeze in which you have to tell them the pin or unfreeze it...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.