Did you mean: 

Fraud - CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud - CSP

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wow!!! Makes me want to SD for sure.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that SD'ing it will solve this problem. Many have had this problem on Chase cards that were never even used, and also on ones that had be SD'd for awhile..

Message 31 of 45
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Wow!!! Makes me want to SD for sure.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that SD'ing it will solve this problem. Many have had this problem on Chase cards that were never even used, and also on ones that had be SD'd for awhile..

Eh! Not good. Sounds more like a Chase internal problem.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 Minutes did a piece on CC fraud late last year. It was absolutely scary to watch. They had some expert's show how easy it is to purchase CC information and identities. There's actually websites set-up like EBay whereby you can bid on stolen CC's or identities, and they guarantee you they work. If the card or identity gets shut down, they'll credit you. It's crazy. These sales of stolen CC's and identities are ran like a business. They actually rate the value of these stolen CC's and identities on a scale, with say a high paying exec's information going for top dollar. They show you how easy it was to go in and buy an expensive car using this particular exec's stolen identity. It was stunning. At least to me. I had no idea the scale of this or the organization involved.
Message 33 of 45
Striker1

I've read about that before and it's frightening. I guess the best we can do it be careful and keep a very close eye on all of our financials.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5k
Capital One Venture - $15k
Message 34 of 45
NY2014
Established Contributor

Ok I guess I'll add myself to the list of Chase Fraudulent CC Compromised ! May 7, 5.pm i get an alert did i make a purchases $68.21 at Marketing Company i was in my office atthe time. I called chase to verify the charge and it was charged twice Chase block it. because the info they tried to but in was incorrect didn't match,the charge actually was a Internet company where you purchase VPN lines . in a another state (Virginia) I don't know, Chase canceled my card and overnight me a new card ,

I was hit very badly with Identity Theft sense 2010 . let me repeat 2010.. i did not realize my credit was being used,to purchase, apply for loans (Internet) Auto's,Due in bewteen the time 2010/13 I did have traveling, for business, rarely was homes,never thought about my credit report used the cards i always used until i started receiving collection bills at my address Cell phones,, I didn't know much about disputes or how, then my # cell i kept getting calls from creditors loans, even threats, OK now is the time to 

find out whats going on, my credit looked like a road map,inquires, and all done through the Internet ,the IP was from police stations, India,China, and yes Brazil, i travel to Brazil..

after reading this thread i thought i would give my advise and opinion, ,

1). check your credit often. today with live in a sophisticated Internet Identity  theft. you dot thing it will happen to you . i can and will ! 

2)  put an alert on your account .. Now this one may be difficult to most of us here, because it make it difficult to app and instant approval's.

Creditors need to contact you before they will approve you Credit.

3) i think is the most important part to check, (your computer) NEVER ! leave your info like auto fill your personal info on computer unless

you have a very good secured Internet line, ( I have to add this in because I just received a call (spoofed Washington's Area code, that my Microsoft windows have been 

infected with virus , you know where I going with this, Has my Name DoB, my mothers maiden name,and the serial # of Microsoft. and sadly if you go on line people scams daily.

4) probably the easiest to protect your accounts, put a password code only you know,to add to your file bank accounts, CC,

once these Thieves got your information they is no stopping them recopying your personal information's,on the market your info # DL # $5/20,complete detail of someones info$1000/ $50. (they can recycle over and over.the total cost sense 2010  $114k  damages charges, the legal aspect of it,.one year to clear my name. Identity,Taxes, rebuilding,

Fake collections, 20 calls a day none stop, should i change my # No. because. the detective in charge of my case at the time suggested to change my # .I responded . what make you think changing my # will stop them... they have  all they need. My Identity .. !!!! 

******It you already been a victim of Idenity theft and have not taken measures to protect and you think you been compermized dont take the chance to find out down the road avoid the headache and learn from my Mistake. not staying on top of my reports.*** I would have been lost and coslty lawyler if it wasnt for the community forum...  

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 35 of 45
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

The thing that annoys me the most is that when you report any fraudulent charges, with credit cards or debits cards, they are supposed to investigate and give you some response. Usually within 90 days. Never once has a bank ever called me back with the reults of any investigation whenever a card of mine was compromised, good or bad. Hell, I for one want to know. I'm guessing it probably costs them more money to investigate than to just refund me. Besides, it's all just numbers on a computer, right? Just as easy to re-enter the correct amounts and voila. You are refunded. It's not like money physically moves from one bank to another.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 36 of 45
NY2014
Established Contributor

You are correct, the frustrating part of going through is lack of cooperation, you follow the legal procedures, filing a police report is like going to the DMV take a number and sake personality as DMV, they question like why are you filing and we don't Sign this and that . It's the worst process to go through,. It's a double edge sword. Your the victim, CRA, collections, filing a report, is not handled correctly. All the advertising. What to do when your Victim does not happen . It's you that has to do there work,
And don't get me started if you have a collection I mean a collection agency that the account was open fraud. Forget the documents. play very dirty tricks just to collect
Even when you filed . You literitaly have to threaten them with a lawsuit . It's not quick.
anyways. CC companies I don't think they have enough manpower to investigate every.
Fraudulent account
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted earlier on fraud on SW Airlines with Chase. I took extra steps buy purchasing a wallet that skimmers can't grab your info standing next to you.
CC stay SD if not in use.
Chase did upgrade my card with new chip..old did not have. Watching my Freedom account daily.
Message 38 of 45
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

I'm on my 4th CSP in the last 2+ years. I don't know what it is about this card. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icloud2525 wrote:

I'm on my 4th CSP in the last 2+ years. I don't know what it is about this card. 

Wow, that is a lot of cards to go through in 2 years. It's not just the CSP that's having these issues though, it seems to be all Chase cards. I was reading on another forum and this issue is much more widespread than I thought. Some were guessing that Chase had a breach somewhere, and others thought that perhaps people had figured out how Chase numbers their cards and then are simply trying to guess the exp. date and that's why Chase is catching so much of it because the dates are wrong. I think either of these could be a possibility. I just recommend anyone with Chase cards keep a very close eye on your accounts.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.