Did you mean: 

Fraud - CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud - CSP

@Anonymous wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

I'm on my 4th CSP in the last 2+ years. I don't know what it is about this card. 

Wow, that is a lot of cards to go through in 2 years. It's not just the CSP that's having these issues though, it seems to be all Chase cards. I was reading on another forum and this issue is much more widespread than I thought. Some were guessing that Chase had a breach somewhere, and others thought that perhaps people had figured out how Chase numbers their cards and then are simply trying to guess the exp. date and that's why Chase is catching so much of it because the dates are wrong. I think either of these could be a possibility. I just recommend anyone with Chase cards keep a very close eye on your accounts.

Agree and the easiest way to do so is to set up text alerts for any purchase over $1.00.  You will get instantaneous notification of any charge to your account

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

I'm on my 4th CSP in the last 2+ years. I don't know what it is about this card. 

Wow, that is a lot of cards to go through in 2 years. It's not just the CSP that's having these issues though, it seems to be all Chase cards. I was reading on another forum and this issue is much more widespread than I thought. Some were guessing that Chase had a breach somewhere, and others thought that perhaps people had figured out how Chase numbers their cards and then are simply trying to guess the exp. date and that's why Chase is catching so much of it because the dates are wrong. I think either of these could be a possibility. I just recommend anyone with Chase cards keep a very close eye on your accounts.

Agree and the easiest way to do so is to set up text alerts for any purchase over $1.00.  You will get instantaneous notification of any charge to your account

Very good advice Irish! I actually set my Chase account to alert me whenever there's a purchase over $0.10. The reason I set mine so low is because it seems many of these scammers will do a "test" purchase first, usually for under a dollar. By setting my alerts this low, I will be able to catch it at the test purchase before they try for something bigger.

Message 42 of 45
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

When I hear the alert ringtone for Chase, I just cringe now....Got nailed on my replacement CSP, not even two weeks from last hit.

Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

Very good advice Irish! I actually set my Chase account to alert me whenever there's a purchase over $0.10. The reason I set mine so low is because it seems many of these scammers will do a "test" purchase first, usually for under a dollar. By setting my alerts this low, I will be able to catch it at the test purchase before they try for something bigger.

Good point.  I think I'll lower mine.

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

I have text alerts on all my cards...BUT, the time i had a fraudalent charge from brazil, it didnt even texted me because the amount was like $.01 and you cant set alert for that low.  The hacker is fishing to see if the transaction goes thru  before the big purchase, at which time, it is too late.  They know what they're doing.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.