Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

So let me say 1. I LOVE NAVY.

2. I LOVE NAVY!

3.  So today went for eye exam for my partner and shortly later we found ourselves spending over $700 (ouch, was not on the plan for this month, well really this year... we hadn't though about it yet!) Anyway, Swipe Navy Flagship and no issues and I would say less than 10 seconds my cell starts to ring and I look and it's Navy (I save numbers!) and I'm like wonder what she forget... (had spoke with a business rep just like 5 minutes or less earlier about an account completely different) anyway was not a pesron, it was automated system asking for my partner as primary... go through a couple prompts and then asks to verify recent activity, which was our charge for Lens Crafters (click 1 that it's our charge) and says thanks... good bye!

now, not sure what would have happened on next swipe if they had not gotten a hold of us with that automated system to validate the charge but I have my cell linked as #1 number for ALL things for this type of exact reason... but the under 10 second from swipe to call got me laughing a bit... I had visions of me saying no that's not me... and Navy Fraud calling Lens Crafters like STOP THAT PERSON WITH THOSE NEW GLASSES!! haha :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 695 NASA(09-24-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
09Lexie

Re: Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

Frequent Contributor
hutchj

Re: Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

Awesome!!!!

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+