Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on My New Sapphire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud on My New Sapphire

Hmm...that's actually quite disturbing. Since you just got the card. Does the card have that RFID chip on it? I wonder if someone passing by you on the street could have scanned it.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, its made out of metal with no rfid tech at all...

Message 12 of 22
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

you can send money grams and western unions through the internet on their website with a credit card but in store locations only take debit or cash for those services

amazon
Message 13 of 22
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Glad to hear Chase took good care of you immediately.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel lucky to be honest. I know its it Visa's protection contracts and everything but still, good to have a bank actually care.

Message 15 of 22
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I agree completely with your praise of Chase's customer service. They helped me chase down my bags when we missed our international connection and got stranded, and this is even when the airline didn't even know where they were.

I've had their Sapphire Preferred for 6 months now, and prior to that I've been with Bank of America for 12 years. Even as a BofA Wealth Management client, they can't hold a candle to Chase. The difference is simply staggering.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 22
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Great story but crummy you had to go through all of that. What did you do with your old card Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mickey11 wrote:
Great story but crummy you had to go through all of that. What did you do with your old card Smiley Wink

Lol... used it a wopping 1 time lol...

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You used it once and ended up with fraudulent charges? Wow. Was the store you used it at owned by the cousin of the Prince of Nigeria?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You used it once and ended up with fraudulent charges? Wow. Was the store you used it at owned by the cousin of the Prince of Nigeria?

Lol burger king... I knew when I was charged 1.75 for a small drink something was wrong lol. No that was a few days ago.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.