tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Fraud on my Cap1 Venture...SMDH!

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

See pizza, leave the 20k venture at home when buying small items. Only bring low limit cards to make small purchases. 

LOL...BTW, this is a $47k Venture Smiley Wink ...and my Low limit $1k Cabelas had fruad not too long ago either, SMH!!

Pizza, 

Sorry to hear about yet another fraud issue with you! Perhaps you should stop wearing the Jimmy Choos into Bath & Body Works Smiley Wink

If it makes you feel better, I just had someone charge 2.5k in airfare through Southwest on my Ritz card. The idiot used his real name along with the members of his family. Ive also never flown southwest in my life - none of which, JP Morgan seemed to care about. I did all this research before I called them and they couldnt have cared less.

Hope you get a break soon! Smiley Happy

WHAT!??  WOW..thats crazy!!! Chase didnt seem to care at all??  They could prosecute knowing who it was!!  What an idiot!!   So Sorry for all your troubles as well.  ugh!!! Smiley Sad

Message 51 of 57
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

See pizza, leave the 20k venture at home when buying small items. Only bring low limit cards to make small purchases. 

LOL...BTW, this is a $47k Venture Smiley Wink ...and my Low limit $1k Cabelas had fruad not too long ago either, SMH!!

Pizza, 

Sorry to hear about yet another fraud issue with you! Perhaps you should stop wearing the Jimmy Choos into Bath & Body Works Smiley Wink

If it makes you feel better, I just had someone charge 2.5k in airfare through Southwest on my Ritz card. The idiot used his real name along with the members of his family. Ive also never flown southwest in my life - none of which, JP Morgan seemed to care about. I did all this research before I called them and they couldnt have cared less.

WHAT!??  WOW..thats crazy!!! Chase didnt seem to care at all??  They could prosecute knowing who it was!!  What an idiot!!   So Sorry for all your troubles as well.  ugh!!! Smiley Sad

No... they did not care in the slightest. Didnt even take down the information I had gathered by calling Southwest myself. Ive had issues in the past, but for whatever reason, this one really annoyed me. So, I spent an hour last week calling southwest to get the information on the tickets and what name they were issued in. Southwest told me every possible detail, down to in what city they were purchased. In any case, I got some satisfaction that if I ever make it to Charlestown, S.C., Ill lookup Mauricio Gonzales and have a little chat Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually bought a wallet and a passport cover that blocks scanning so that I feel safer when I carry either. I always wondered if it really worked and I had my passport in my hand going through security and it buzzed me. 

So sorry this happened to you, pizza. We all need to be extra diligent this time of year, it seems.

Wasn't this the same thing bodyboy1 got mocked about a couple of weeks back when he warned others?  SMH

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Pizza, 

No... they did not care in the slightest. Didnt even take down the information I had gathered by calling Southwest myself. Ive had issues in the past, but for whatever reason, this one really annoyed me. So, I spent an hour last week calling southwest to get the information on the tickets and what name they were issued in. Southwest told me every possible detail, down to in what city they were purchased. In any case, I got some satisfaction that if I ever make it to Charlestown, S.C., Ill lookup Mauricio Gonzales and have a little chat Smiley Wink

Apparently with the amount of money JP Morgan Chase has made over the years in what some might consider "less than ethical" ways, they might not want to look like hypocrites prosecuting someone else for theft....or it could be that they are so busy taking your money in hand over fist that it isn't profitable for them to waste time and effort on amounts that are microscopic to them?   7/11 or stores who dont search suspected shoplifters are losing a far greater percentage on someone stealing a pack of gum than 2000 people doing this to Chase.  Readers of history have a special place for JP Morgan and other Rothschild men in their hearts.  

At any rate, Chase is not employed to enforce government laws.  They are more adept at skiting them, and are not seeking sympathy for their unnoticeable losses.  It's written into their cost of business.  If someone wanted to see the crimimals punished(to be clear, Mauricio, not Chase), why not contact law enforcement?  

Googling Rothschild would be even more fascinating for most than learning about RFIDs and their origin.  The latter won't change your entire understanding of world history, although it is important to a lesser degree.  

Message 54 of 57
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Pizza, 

Apparently with the amount of money JP Morgan Chase has made over the years in what some might consider "less than ethical" ways, they might not want to look like hypocrites prosecuting someone else for theft....or it could be that they are so busy taking your money in hand over fist that it isn't profitable for them to waste time and effort on amounts that are microscopic to them?   7/11 or stores who dont search suspected shoplifters are losing a far greater percentage on someone stealing a pack of gum than 2000 people doing this to Chase.  Readers of history have a special place for JP Morgan and other Rothschild men in their hearts.  

At any rate, Chase is not employed to enforce government laws.  They are more adept at skiting them, and are not seeking sympathy for their unnoticeable losses.  It's written into their cost of business.  If someone wanted to see the crimimals punished(to be clear, Mauricio, not Chase), why not contact law enforcement?  

Googling Rothschild would be even more fascinating for most than learning about RFIDs and their origin.  The latter won't change your entire understanding of world history, although it is important to a lesser degree.  

I feel like I should be taking notes...getting ready for my exam! LOL.. but you have point.

Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Pizza, 

I feel like I should be taking notes...getting ready for my exam! LOL.. but you have point.

Ha, nah, I kind of liked the professors who would give quizzes that were rather easy and basically a form of taking attendance. Smiley Happy  We can all consider various posts of the board like fruit in an orchard(not the bank).  If something catches your eye, go for it, but if not no penalty.  With what you've been through, I doubt you're in the mood to be quizzed!  I'm glad you caught it quickly and that things were remedied smoothly.

That does remind me though, today I got an email from Quizzle that says interest rates are expected to rise for the first time in almost ten years, after the "Federal"(dont even get me started!) Reserve meets.  I'm considering making a thread inquiring about this thanks to you reminding me! 

I also wanted to make the ethical public service disclaimer that when i say google, it's generic like "Kleenex".  I do not use, nor support that website nor their browser due to their extensive invasion of privacy and other unethical tactics.  For anyone who cares aboutt their privacy, Duckduckgo and others are nice search engines.  Browsers:Anything But Chrome.  Right now I'm test driving Vivaldi, which is like a new, old Opera.  

Message 56 of 57
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Pizza, 

It's not very surprosing, you have to consider the risk/reward for Chase.  Here they probably haven't lost anything as they can just cancel the charge.   They would have to work with law enforcement, who probably won't be interested.   They have other priorities and here it's not clear that anyone is really out much money.   And they focus on the big fish, those that get all the numbers and sell them on.   Small users aren't going to be deterred either by successful prosecutions of others, it's just too compelling.

Basically, the key to happiness is to enjoy the $0 liability protection, realize that you weren't actually violated in any meaningful way, and don't waste time trying to "solve' these things when no-one will take any action.

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.