Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on my credit card yet again its Chase

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Fraud on my credit card yet again its Chase

I have to think there's some pattern of where cards are used among those that have frequent fraud charges. It has been around 7 years since my last fraudulent charge, and my cards are swiped daily, so if it's just random luck I'm very lucky. The one data point I'm inferring from this thread is PayPal/Amazon, two services I also almost never use.

For those who have had multiple fraudulent charges, do you tend to use your cards at a particular place or for a particular category? Dining at first seemed like a prime target for this except that it's also my heaviest category so I feel like I'm a bit of a walking rebuttal of that data point.

Message 11 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@iced wrote:

I have to think there's some pattern of where cards are used among those that have frequent fraud charges. It has been around 7 years since my last fraudulent charge, and my cards are swiped daily, so if it's just random luck I'm very lucky. The one data point I'm inferring from this thread is PayPal/Amazon, two services I also almost never use.

For those who have had multiple fraudulent charges, do you tend to use your cards at a particular place or for a particular category? Dining at first seemed like a prime target for this except that it's also my heaviest category so I feel like I'm a bit of a walking rebuttal of that data point.

Dining isn't more at risk unless its a situation where you are handing over your card. I'm pretty sure a waiter at TGIF stole my marriott card info since he took forever with the card and was the only one to ever have physical access to it and it was used not far from the area he worked. Guy just acted sketchy. Paypal is being mentioned because the thieves are using paypay to try to get cash off the cards. I used paypal once in the past with a different card and never had any issues. It just happens to be the tool these criminals use. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RockinRay wrote:

This has happened to us twice on our USAA cards.

I feel your pain!

Same thing happened to me on a brand new USAA Card. Used it once and found illegal charges.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would look at where you spend and shop and not focus on Chase.  Your story can be told by many with Amex, Citi, BOA, you name it.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.