Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Usage Of my Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraudulent Usage Of my Credit Card

I was made aware by my credit card company that my card was used for fruaulent purchases. The card was imediatly terminated and replaced with a new account number and the purchase amount was refunded, I had a fruad protection policly on this card. Today I check into refinicing my house and find that this card and a way overdrawn balace in on my credit report. How do I get rid of this and fix the situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraudulent Usage Of my Credit Card

OK.   Here is what you should do ASAP. 

Put a fraud alert on all 3 credit bureaus.  You can put on a 90 FA or an extended seven year alert.  Complete all paperwork for your CC company regarding the fraudulent activity.  Get a letter from CC company explaining what happened.  You will need all of this to file a police report, which I suggest you do.  CC fraud is considered a form of ID theft. 

Next, get current copies of all three credit reports:  TU, EX, and EQ.  Go over these reports to make sure ALL of the accounts are yours.  Be sure to check the inquiries section to make sure there are not any inquiries which you did not make.  Also check that all of the personal info is correct, especially your address.

The FTC has good info on their website.

Sorry this happened to you.  I had a similar thing happen back in 1999.  It can take a while to sort everything out.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.