cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent charge observed on New Discover IT on the very next day of activation

tag
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: Fraudulent charge observed on New Discover IT on the very next day of activation

@jsickz32 wrote:
Awesome! This is way i check all pending transc on everyone of my cards every morning

Exactly....I do the very same EVERY morning/evening - rain or shine !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 11 of 16
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Fraudulent charge observed on New Discover IT on the very next day of activation

@Rhaeny wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
Awesome! This is way i check all pending transc on everyone of my cards every morning

Are you saying you use Yodlee to do this....sorry just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.  I have Yodlee for awhile but wasn't sure how secure it was so I haven't entered any information into it.  If you use it are you very satisfied with it?

Why worry about security?  It says on the site:

Your account information is safe at Yodlee MoneyCenter. Your password and our world class technology protect your information.

so it must be true!

Given the ever increasing rise of criminal hackers, I would be very reluctant to have a single point of failure like this.  But that may just be me.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be closing the gate after the horse is gone.  You should not have your complete credit history (or credit portfolio)  in one place as web sites will insert a "cookie" in your computer which which can be accessed at any time.   

Message 13 of 16
nishant1
New Contributor

ING Direct bank had started a new approach for financial management tools which I like - which is likely to prevent unauthorized access to ING bank accounts.

If you want to link ING Account to a financial aggregator software like Mint.com or Yodlee, you have to go to ING account and generate a separate code specifically for financial softwares. This is a 12 digit alpha-numeric auto generated code.

Then to link ING bank account to the software, you do not need to reveal your password at all to the financial software but use the specially generated code for linking  which gives read-only access to the software.

Since the password is never known to the software, I find this security feature superior.

Message 14 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:
Why worry about security?  It says on the site:

Your account information is safe at Yodlee MoneyCenter. Your password and our world class technology protect your information.

so it must be true!

Given the ever increasing rise of criminal hackers, I would be very reluctant to have a single point of failure like this.  But that may just be me.

Yes yes of course, they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true Smiley LOL

But that's why I was looking for other's experience with it because I'm just not impressed with Mint. 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 15 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@nishant1 - You just made me think about an option within my CU account.  They have something called FinanceWorks so I think I will try that out!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.