Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freakin' Equifax!!!

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Freakin' Equifax!!!

they are the reason why I have had a hard time trying to get cc with higher credit limits!  because they don't want to update my judgement correctly, 2 ccc's are declining my requests!  if they would just update the judgement to show properly from "pending" to "paid", i would've already gotten what i've been asking for.  i've been disputing this TL for almost 2 months now and since i can't seem to have EQ verify properly, i did the legwork yesterday to obtain proof that this judgement has been paid...since 2006!  i went to the courthouse and got a certified copy of the satisfaction letter from the court (see my thread US Bank CC about why i needed to get it).

to the second reason why EQ is making my credit life harder.  i received my Chase Freedom card today with a CL of $800.  i get 0% for 12 months on BTs.  so i called to activate and get a CLI to bring my CLI up to $2k.  of course declined.  so i called the recon number.  spoke with a very nice and helpful lady.  asked me regardng my CO from verizon and regarding the judgement.  so i explained both especially how the judgement is not updated correctly by EQ and that since it's the long weekend, i have to wait 'til after 4th of July to talk to EQ and fax them the proof that the judgement is paid.  i get put on hold for about 2-3 minutes.  when nice rep came back on the line, she was apologetic that she was unable to push the recon of the CLI through because of the judgement not showing paid.  so she told me that she made notes on the account regarding what we talked about and said to have EQ fix the judgement and then call back to get the CLI request going again.  she said that if judgement is updated properly showing paid, i have a better edge/chance of getting my requested CLI.

so guess what i'll be doing first thing Tuesday?  this sucks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Freakin' Equifax!!!

@TravellingNomad wrote:

they are the reason why I have had a hard time trying to get cc with higher credit limits!  because they don't want to update my judgement correctly, 2 ccc's are declining my requests!  if they would just update the judgement to show properly from "pending" to "paid", i would've already gotten what i've been asking for.  i've been disputing this TL for almost 2 months now and since i can't seem to have EQ verify properly, i did the legwork yesterday to obtain proof that this judgement has been paid...since 2006!  i went to the courthouse and got a certified copy of the satisfaction letter from the court (see my thread US Bank CC about why i needed to get it).

to the second reason why EQ is making my credit life harder.  i received my Chase Freedom card today with a CL of $800.  i get 0% for 12 months on BTs.  so i called to activate and get a CLI to bring my CLI up to $2k.  of course declined.  so i called the recon number.  spoke with a very nice and helpful lady.  asked me regardng my CO from verizon and regarding the judgement.  so i explained both especially how the judgement is not updated correctly by EQ and that since it's the long weekend, i have to wait 'til after 4th of July to talk to EQ and fax them the proof that the judgement is paid.  i get put on hold for about 2-3 minutes.  when nice rep came back on the line, she was apologetic that she was unable to push the recon of the CLI through because of the judgement not showing paid.  so she told me that she made notes on the account regarding what we talked about and said to have EQ fix the judgement and then call back to get the CLI request going again.  she said that if judgement is updated properly showing paid, i have a better edge/chance of getting my requested CLI.

so guess what i'll be doing first thing Tuesday?  this sucks!

Sorry your having a hard time, but just a note don't expect anything to happen quickly. Hope it works out for you and things start looking up soon.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder whether there is some federal statutory requirement that CRAs update an account within a certain period of time after receiving (in this case) proof that the judgment was paid?

Message 3 of 11
chan85
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder whether there is some federal statutory requirement that CRAs update an account within a certain period of time after receiving (in this case) proof that the judgment was paid?

There typically is a requirement for the creditor to report it as paid, but IDK about the CRAs. I have a judgement that was paid directly to the collection company for an eviction, and now neither them or the apartments will update the judgement to paid-they keep saying that  the other was supposed to do it. Atleast he has the proof of satisfaction letter from the courts- legally it appears that my judgement hasn't been paid at all!! In my state they had I want to say like 60-90 days to update it.... well I paid Christmas Eve 2009..... Smiley Mad

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 4 of 11
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Nope not the creditor.  The court has to report it as satisifed.  When I took care of mine in May, and had a copy of the satisfaction, I disputed to all 3 and it was updated in just a few days.  I disputed online.  BTW, I didn't get any score increase but it looks better to the lender if it's satisfied.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 11
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There typically is a requirement for the creditor to report it as paid, but IDK about the CRAs. I have a judgement that was paid directly to the collection company for an eviction, and now neither them or the apartments will update the judgement to paid-they keep saying that  the other was supposed to do it. Atleast he has the proof of satisfaction letter from the courts- legally it appears that my judgement hasn't been paid at all!! In my state they had I want to say like 60-90 days to update it.... well I paid Christmas Eve 2009..... Smiley Mad

have you tried contacting the court where the judgement was filed and see about getting a certified copy of the satisfaction of judgement?  the collection attorney that filed the suit against you should've submitted a satisfaction letter to the court when you paid the debt.

Message 6 of 11
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Nope not the creditor.  The court has to report it as satisifed.  When I took care of mine in May, and had a copy of the satisfaction, I disputed to all 3 and it was updated in just a few days.  I disputed online.  BTW, I didn't get any score increase but it looks better to the lender if it's satisfied.

unfortunately, EQ seems to be the only on out of the 3 CRBs that is not updating/verifying the TL correctly.  i've disputed it so it can be updated to paid for the past 2 months, but each time they are done, they keep saying that the information they have is correct.  well now i have documents that says otherwise.  because of the 4th of July, i'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to call them about it.  hopefully they can update right away when i fax it so that i can call get a call back to Chase's recon department so i can get my CLI. 

Message 7 of 11
chan85
Established Contributor

have you tried contacting the court where the judgement was filed and see about getting a certified copy of the satisfaction of judgement? the collection attorney that filed the suit against you should've submitted a satisfaction letter to the court when you paid the debt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope, they didnt file anything, thats the problem. i paid the collection company which was seperate from the lawyer, and apparently they don't talk to each other or something. this thread has renewed my interest in getting this resolved, so i might call them again about it, i was speaking with someone at the corportate office about it and last time we talked she said she would handle it and send in what was needed because she had done it before.... that was like march/april of last year though... and i think she only said it because i was NAGGING her like every 2 weeks. i finally got tired of chasing her down.

i keep seeing there are ways to file a acknowledgement letter from the defendent showing judgements have been paid, when the creditor/defense doesnt do their part, but they don't appear to have that for my state....

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 8 of 11
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

make it a point to call both twice each day.  one set of calls during your morning break and then the second on your afternoon break.  or that last person you talked to at corporate if you still have her number.  give her a call at least once a day "to check the status of the request".

yeah...these things can bite back hard when not showing status properly on CRs.  these past 2 months i apped for cc's, even though i have 1 derog from verizon from 2 years ago, the main thing that comes to questioning is the judgement that's not showing paid (somehow most apps i submitted pulled EQ).  but i have faith in the credit system.  we just gotta be persistent in getting these things corrected if we want it done properly.  good luck on the quest my friend!

Message 9 of 11
chan85
Established Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

make it a point to call both twice each day.  one set of calls during your morning break and then the second on your afternoon break.  or that last person you talked to at corporate if you still have her number.  give her a call at least once a day "to check the status of the request".

yeah...these things can bite back hard when not showing status properly on CRs.  these past 2 months i apped for cc's, even though i have 1 derog from verizon from 2 years ago, the main thing that comes to questioning is the judgement that's not showing paid (somehow most apps i submitted pulled EQ).  but i have faith in the credit system.  we just gotta be persistent in getting these things corrected if we want it done properly.  good luck on the quest my friend!

thanks!! i have some free time coming up later this month so i was going to spend it sending out GW ltrs, and pulling all my reports to make sure they are accurate, this will be added to the to do list! if all else fails. i wll get a lawyer to file against them. they are liable for damages up to $500, both the property and the lawyer, which is probably a drop in the bucket but ateast i can get some resolution to all this.

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.