Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freakkin Out... Citi Possible Closure?!

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Freakkin Out... Citi Possible Closure?!

Alright so I called CITI customer service to make an inquiry with a Personal Concierge, during the convo the frontline CSR started talking bout the benefits of my upgraded World Elite card (which I just got in the mail today) and somehow mentioned the NPSL features it comes with. I asked her how it works, she explained and asked if I would like to know my spending limit. I agreed so she said she has to transfer me over to another dept for that...  the lady comes through and she ask how much I wanted to charge possibly. I told her $1k so she said she has to a do a quick review and will get back to me. 2mins later she returns and said basically no transaction would be processed over my limit as I'm still new with them plus have several new accounts. I thanked her and requested to be transfered back to the concierge folks. Somehow she transfers me to another CSR who started asking for my account info over again, after furnishing it she says she's unable to access my account and cant reopen it at this time. I'm like huh?! My jaws dropped!!!! She wouldnt disclose any further info but gives me a num to call in tomorrow... logged into my online account and I see a flagged message about interruption with transactions. I am totally freaking out right now, I'll be damned if they close my account... this is just ridiculous. What do I do now??

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
BruinTheNursePractitioner
Established Member

Re: Freakkin Out... Citi Possible Closure?!

Call executive office immediately tomorrow.  There is a Backdoor on the forums...  Good luck and I'm so sorry this happened.  It's devistating. Smiley Sad

Chase Slate- 33K |AmEx Clear Card-2K | AmEx BCE-2K | Chase Freedom-1.3K | BoA Travel Rewards Visa-10K | BoA Accelerated Rewards AmEx-20K | Citibank Dividend Visa-2.1K | U.S. Bank-600 | Macy's Store Card-1.8K| Barclays MC-2.5K| Discover IT-17K | Chase CSP-1K | Banana Republic Visa-10K | BoA Better Balance Rewards MC-2.5K | Chevron Visa- 1.5K | EBay MC- 2.5K | Citi Diamond Preferred-2K | Citi American Airlines MC- 6.3K | Discover IT Chrome-2.5K| BoA Susan G. Komen MC-8.5K

TOTAL LINES: 20 |TOTAL UNSECURED CREDIT: $125,100
Message 2 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Yeah will definitely do that upon speaking to someone from the dept she gave me the num and depending on the outcome. If this turns out to be what im thinking, I'll go nuts. For now im tryna hope for the best tomorrow

Message 3 of 21
BruinTheNursePractitioner
Established Member

good luck let us know what happens!!

Chase Slate- 33K |AmEx Clear Card-2K | AmEx BCE-2K | Chase Freedom-1.3K | BoA Travel Rewards Visa-10K | BoA Accelerated Rewards AmEx-20K | Citibank Dividend Visa-2.1K | U.S. Bank-600 | Macy's Store Card-1.8K| Barclays MC-2.5K| Discover IT-17K | Chase CSP-1K | Banana Republic Visa-10K | BoA Better Balance Rewards MC-2.5K | Chevron Visa- 1.5K | EBay MC- 2.5K | Citi Diamond Preferred-2K | Citi American Airlines MC- 6.3K | Discover IT Chrome-2.5K| BoA Susan G. Komen MC-8.5K

TOTAL LINES: 20 |TOTAL UNSECURED CREDIT: $125,100
Message 4 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Thank you and I'll keep up with an update....
Message 5 of 21
jd352
Regular Contributor

Seems like they may be doing a Citi-style financial review of your account. They probably want to verify income and all that information again. 

What were you hoping to request from the personal concierge? 

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 6 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: wow so I just narrowly escaped what would have been a possible Adverse Action!!! Well I just called in now and it appears the number I was given last night was the "Early Warning Services Department". I got this nice lady who started querying about the "several new accounts" and "high number of inquiries" (9 total EX) I had acquired since been approved for the Citi card. I told her the new accounts was only to build more credit due to the fact I've been denied for credit in the past due to having "very few accounts."

Then she went ahead and asked about my Discover and Barclay card that are maxed 94% & 86% respectively due to BT at 0% APR. Went on to ask about my income and employer and if anything had changed. Finally she inquired about why I wanted to go over my credit line. I narrated everything that happened last night and how the CSR had even brought up the NPSL idea in the first place when I actually called in for something else. She says she has to review my credit report one more time and puts me on hold. Man the 5mins wait felt like the longest hour of my life, god***it!!! but she returns and goes "everything looks good, I've made some notation on the account and would lift the restriction. Thanked her and hung up.... right now imma lil scared to even use/charge the account but I still wanna make sure it's really active

MORALS OF THE STORY: never ever show or indicate any interest in the flexible spending feature of ur Citi card, don't even ask about it cos you might just end up bringing troubles or unnecessary attention to yourself. Thankfully my current overall utilization is just under 30% @ 28% so that might have helped me scale through this. So much for me for the day already Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@jd352 wrote:

Seems like they may be doing a Citi-style financial review of your account. They probably want to verify income and all that information again. 

What were you hoping to request from the personal concierge? 

honestly nothing really... I just got my upgraded World Elite card in the mail yesterday. Last night, I was all set to go to bed and was just reading over the features on the Mastercard website and came across the concierge/personal travel advisor and just wanted to see how it works for the heck of it since they said it's free. One thing led to another and the stupid CSR led me into this trouble with her insane suggestion. Funny thing I never even got to speak to the concierge folks that even prompted my call in the first place cos I got really weak to my knees after the initial episode last night smh.

Message 8 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Whoa glad it all worked out. I would have been scared to death as well. Geez
Message 9 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

Glad it worked out for you, but certainly no need to be "scared," especially with some credit analyst.  In the end, though it may not seem like it at the time, Citi needs you more than you need them.

In my view, unless there's a compelling benefit for me (such as rewards and perks on the card), I really dislike having to explain or be questioned, especially from some CC credit analyst, whose CRs are likely less stellar than yours.

Best of luck!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.