cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freakkin Out... Citi Possible Closure?!

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Freakkin Out... Citi Possible Closure?!

@baller4life wrote:
Whoa glad it all worked out. I would have been scared to death as well. Geez

lool I ain't someone who gets shaken easily at stuff but best believe this one took a heavy toll on me last night. sheesh I had a panic attack lol... I was more concerned about the fact that I could loose my only "Elite card" if that's safe to say especially the little travel benefits I get when flying with AA. Even though it's been resolved my only concern right now is that this may trigger them to keep a close monitoring on my account or prolly they just wanna lay low since I have a small balance ($476) on the card at the moment then once I pay it, they shut it down on me. I'm gonna attempt charging a small Starbucks ice tea on the card to see if it's really working. In the meantime, I guess this is a warning sign to redeem my unused 40k sign up bonus miles....

Message 11 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Glad it worked out for you, but certainly no need to be "scared," especially with some credit analyst.  In the end, though it may not seem like it at the time, Citi needs you more than you need them.

In my view, unless there's a compelling benefit for me (such as rewards and perks on the card), I really dislike having to explain or be questioned, especially from some CC credit analyst, whose CRs are likely less stellar than yours.

Best of luck!

I do certainly agree with you on all that and it's crazy how I'm eager to have a continued business relationship whereas in the reality they should be the ones making extra efforts to maintain a relationship with their customer. But these days they really don't care... one customer out, another new one in so I'm imagining they would have a "we aren't loosing anything" kinda mindset. It's really terrible... and just like u, I can't stand having to explain something I do or being questioned by anyone regardless but in some situations u just gotta suck it up in order to achieve whatchu want. I'm not gonna conclude this is really over until I pay this remaining balance then I will see if they shut it down on me. In that doesn't happen then I will count my lucky stars. Very much appreciate ya kind message!

Message 12 of 21
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

After reading what you posted OP I had a different moral of the story! Not that rep was wrong for bringing up the NPSL, her job is to educate you on the services and benefits of your cc. For me the moral of the story is to not go on an app spree and open up a lot of new account but also not to have more than one card maxed out. I am very happy it worked out in your favor!

Message 13 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

How about having ZERO cards maxed out? That's even better. Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 21
Bman70
Established Contributor

So I guess "flexible spending" means you might or might not be able to use the card, lol. At least with Citi Smiley Happy

I'm surprised you had to go through a CSR to reach concierge. With Barclay I call a direct concierge line and concierge answers. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 15 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

So I guess "flexible spending" means you might or might not be able to use the card, lol. At least with Citi Smiley Happy

I'm surprised you had to go through a CSR to reach concierge. With Barclay I call a direct concierge line and concierge answers. 

LOL unfortunately that's what it turns out to be with Citi as per my finding last night which I think makes no sense if they gonna market it that way, oh well not like it's important to me... And yeah on MC website they said for concierge services, call the number on the back of your card which I did exactly and it turned out to be Citi. And even after the long wait to put me through them last night, they couldn't even get on the line... I'm still very curious to see how it works, as a matter of fact im gonna try calling right now and see if I can reach the service. U mentioned about Barclay, is it the Arrival or the Arrival+ cos I got the former??

Message 16 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:
After reading what you posted OP I had a different moral of the story! Not that rep was wrong for bringing up the NPSL, her job is to educate you on the services and benefits of your cc. For me the moral of the story is to not go on an app spree and open up a lot of new account but also not to have more than one card maxed out. I am very happy it worked out in your favor!

trust me good sir/ma'am that would be me in a perfect world but all fingers aren't equal... I'm glad u were able to take out a deeper moral of the story and thank you Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
Bman70
Established Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

LOL unfortunately that's what it turns out to be with Citi as per my finding last night which I think makes no sense if they gonna market it that way, oh well not like it's important to me... And yeah on MC website they said for concierge services, call the number on the back of your card which I did exactly and it turned out to be Citi. And even after the long wait to put me through them last night, they couldn't even get on the line... I'm still very curious to see how it works, as a matter of fact im gonna try calling right now and see if I can reach the service. U mentioned about Barclay, is it the Arrival or the Arrival+ cos I got the former??

I would look in the fine print of any papers you got. The concierge number for my Sallie Mae (World version) was in the Guide To Benefits booklet. Same with US Bank sig card. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 18 of 21
H14
Contributor

+1 You should never have to go through customer service of your card to get to the concierge. They always have a dedicated and separate number. 

Message 19 of 21
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@H14 wrote:

+1 You should never have to go through customer service of your card to get to the concierge. They always have a dedicated and separate number. 

I wasnt aware of that... I only went by the information listed on their website which was to "call the number on the back of ya card". Actually I just got to reach the personal concierge and I must say I'm really disappointed. Totally fell below my expectation!!! Simple question I asked she couldn't even provide a definitive answer, her accent!! holy crap couldn't even make a word out of it - dont know what country the call was outsourced to. I went through this whole Citi scare only to get this result smh. Oh well we learn everyday!!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.