Did you mean: 

Free $25 From AMEX

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Free $25 From AMEX

@radiomando wrote:

@Woolfman wrote:

I am sorry but no one should be upset that they did not get the free $25 giftcard from Amex. Amex did not openly advertise this. You knew when you signed up for it, that there was going to be a good chance it would not work.  I can only see one area that Amex is at fault and that is not having the promo code cross check the database for people that actually got the offer.  Its not like it cost anyone anything but a little time. Use the card(or ask for a refund) , toss it in the trash and move on.

Oh and incase anyone was wondering.. I did not get the free money either.

this is incorrect.   what are you even talking about.   i signed up on a page that contained the offer.  i read the fine print very carefully.  after i was convinced the offer applied to me and i was eligible, i applied for the card.      the email states: "

Thank you for ordering the American Express® Prepaid Card. Unfortunately you are not eligible for the promotion entered with your order and we are unable to send you a $25 bonus Gift Card. We hope this does not cause you any inconvenience."

i didnt enter a promotion.  i just signed up on a page with the offer explicitly listed.  get your facts straight.   no need to be sorry.

Most people (including myself )   Learned about this deal from posts  like the one on slickdeals. and this is what it states.

Free $25 American Express Gift Card with $25 American Express Prepaid Card Purchase

American Express is offering a $25 American Express Gift Card for Free when you purchase their Prepaid Card and load with a minimum of $25 within 45 days of purchase (prior to April 30). Enter code AEPC25 at checkout.

The promo code had to be used.  So my facts are straight. I know exactly what deal i tried to sign up for.  I am not sure what you signed up for. This is the deal everyone is talking about in this thread.  (just follow the link in the first post).   The promo code itself was emailed to targeted people . So Maybe you signed up for a different deal...

Message 41 of 42
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Free $25 From AMEX

Amex eligibility can be determined within 60 seconds but gift cards take months?! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.