cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 500 Citi ThankYou Thank You points for linking credit card to your Amazon account

tag
TravisD
Contributor

Free 500 Citi ThankYou Thank You points for linking credit card to your Amazon account

This is a heads up, you can get 500 free Citi Thank You points for linking your eligible Citi credit card and your Amazon account. 500 points is about $5 when you look at their gift card rates. Expires 3/21/13. 

Log in to www.thankyou.com and you will see the ad on the front page (2nd row) to link to your Amazon account.

........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Re: Free 500 Citi ThankYou Thank You points for linking credit card to your Amazon account

@TravisD wrote:

This is a heads up, you can get 500 free Citi Thank You points for linking your eligible Citi credit card and your Amazon account. 500 points is about $5 when you look at their gift card rates. Expires 3/21/13. 

Log in to www.thankyou.com and you will see the ad on the front page (2nd row) to link to your Amazon account.

hmmm, i cant find the link

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 2 of 6
akabigo
Contributor

Re: Free 500 Citi ThankYou Thank You points for linking credit card to your Amazon account

I  received a flyer from Citi on Friday offering 1000 bonus points when linking to Amazon. There are no codes, just says to link them and points can take 8-10 weeks to show. I did link it but nothing popped up saying anything about the bonus points. I have the ThankYou Preferred card. I'll let you know what happens.

Fico scores 800+
Message 3 of 6
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I'm going to link it. I'm never going to pay with points, I don't think.  What's the value of the points on there?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I'm going to link it. I'm never going to pay with points, I don't think.  What's the value of the points on there?

The return is slightly under 4% using Shop with Points for Citi Forward 5x categories. It is 4.1% if you wait to cash in for Amazon gift cards. I find it a good deal since I buy a lot of my stuff on Amazon and it's right there at checkout.

Message 5 of 6
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

That's not too bad.  I will take a look at that option.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.