cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free EXPERIAN Credit SCORE from Credit One Bank?

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Free EXPERIAN Credit SCORE from Credit One Bank?

I just tried it out and it pre-qualified me for a starting limit between $300-$500 and did not give me a score. 

I think I'll pass

Message 11 of 36
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

This made me curious and I went ahead and started to fill in my details on the pre-qual site…it just asked for the last 4 of the SSN so I figured no HP at this stage. Then all the sudden it asked if I wanted to continue and apply so I hit the cancel button as I really had no intention to app for their card. Checked Experian and yes indeed a SP from Credit One Bank. In the meantime I did receive a letter for denial of credit with very interesting result…LOL

Reason for denial:

-          Your application did not score a sufficient number of points for approval….ha ha ha… the score they sent me is 755.

-          Ratio of loan balances to credit limits too high…. ha ha ha…. I had a 2% utilization!

Kind of like this tool to get my free Experian score and especially another free EX report Smiley Happy...just not sure how to get the free report.

Btw...just wonder how many with 800+ scores will apply for their products ?? Heart

Message 12 of 36
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

is this a sp or a hp?

Message 13 of 36
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

is this a sp or a hp?

For me it was a SP but I hit the CANCEL button and did not proceed with my application...thought it would not work for me because I cancelled the process but it was a SP only and still got me the letter with the score. My last Fico Experian score was also 755. Looks like to be the best Fako score for me Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 36
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

thinking it would be the same one that creditkarma or creditsesame give?

Message 15 of 36
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

is this a sp or a hp?

I have been doing this quitely for two months now so I guess the cat is out the bag.  It clearly states that it will not affect your credit so that is the SP variety.

Message 16 of 36
Peter1142
Established Contributor

It's very strange credit one seems to reject those with scores too high... and I don't think that's entirely legal.

Message 17 of 36
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i think its absolutely hilarious Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 36
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

thinking it would be the same one that creditkarma or creditsesame give?

Nope....CK is off TU and CS and Quizzle also EX but my scores are very different there...for me this EX score gets closest to MyFico score...love it it and hope that will work again in a few months

Edit: forgot also credit.com is EX and another figure for me

Message 19 of 36
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

never heard much about credit one, what i do know is that i am 2 years out of ch 7 have a 2 capitol one cards and a barclay card and they rejected me rofl

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.