Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scores on which CCs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free FICO scores on which CCs?

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just for slate for now.   Chase has indicated no plans to expand, perhaps to add value to Slate, which most people find useless after a BT.

ETA: Amex has been "rolling out" EX scores, so some people here have it, but many don't.  The rollout seems to be very slow (or stopped).  A number of us have asked status on the Amex forum, they are still trying to get the answer for us....

Do you know how to enroll the Amex score thing? Thanks.

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just for slate for now.   Chase has indicated no plans to expand, perhaps to add value to Slate, which most people find useless after a BT.

ETA: Amex has been "rolling out" EX scores, so some people here have it, but many don't.  The rollout seems to be very slow (or stopped).  A number of us have asked status on the Amex forum, they are still trying to get the answer for us....

Do you know how to enroll the Amex score thing? Thanks.

http://americanexpress.com/creditscore 

Apparently another rep just told me that it was only available to targeted customers, when the previous one told me that I would have no issue of getting the credit score. 

What a dissapointment, AMEX. 

Edit: Here's the phone number to calling them regarding this situation: 1-888-771-4452 (found on above website)

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just clicked the link. Logged into my account, and it wants me to fill out my info. Thats a good thing right?

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fordguy89, yes it would be. You're lucky !
Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the "plus score" amex is giving me is a 714. Much higher than the scores I saw last week in  denial letter(s).

Perhaps the people who cant get that page to work dont need the score help and insight?

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fordguy are lenders actually using the plus score now? I thought most used the normal.

And possibly. I'm a new account holder, so that might have an effect on it not being available to me.
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lenders are not using the Plus score. If you read the fine print after logging in it says the score is not used by lenders. This is different from the free EX FICO Amex has offered to some of its customers....Im still waiting 😑
Message 17 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lenders are not using the Plus score. If you read the fine print after logging in it says the score is not used by lenders. This is different from the free EX FICO Amex has offered to some of its customers....Im still waiting 😑

Right.  By roll-out I meant that they will enroll you if and when they do, not something you can initiate.   As others just found, Amex has other non-FICO products that some reps will guide you to.   

Not a whole lot of information about this inside Amex it seems, so some reps won't know what you are talking about, and those that do, can't help!

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just filled out the info. Got a 735 plus score. Is this a one time only, or can I log in every month, and see changes?
Message 19 of 43
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi does EQ, Discover does TU, what other cards give you your free fico score? 

Make sure you're considering the specific model provided as well.

@Anonymous wrote:
so lol
So did you read the OP and/or subject?
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.