Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Night Marriott

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free Night Marriott

I have a business training trip in a couple weeks in Anaheim and I was pleased to see that when I started up my online Marriott acct that my free night certificate was already there waiting for me.  I guess they say 6-8 weeks but it was super fast for me.  I was able to find a decent/fairly nice Fairfield Inn near where I'll be that is a Cat 4 and they had a redeemable room for me.  Saved me $130 bucks.  I'll be honest, I'm pretty pleased so far with this card.  Someone was saying before how they don't travel enough to use these types of cards then jsucool said once you have the card you're more inclined to do so.  

So far:  fast delivery/ nice looking heavy card / upgrade to 70,000 offer/ Quick delivery of free night cert / easy redemption process with a variety of partner hotel options.

The Marriott right by Disneyland was a Cat 7 and that's so not worth it.  I'm sure there are some nice Cat 7's out there one could stay at.

Edit for spelling.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free Night Marriott

Did you have to call to use the certificate or were you able to redeem it online?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:
Did you have to call to use the certificate or were you able to redeem it online?

I redeemed it online.  I'll be honest, Kenny, for a sec I didn't get the whole process.  I thought the cert would be sent to my Chase Marriott account, or at least I would be notified there.  Then I was like, duh, create your Marriott Hotel acct using the rewards number they give you on the back of the card.  Once I did that I saw the cert was there.  Then I had a bit of a problem figuring out how to attach the cert to the room I wanted.  But it acts like rewards points so you just have see if any of the rooms are eligible for rewards points, and of course they give you the smaller ones, not the suite.  So it pulled those up and said these rooms are eligible but you need to have 20,000 Marriott points and we see you have 0.  Then I just hit the button to take the room anyway and it automatically registered the fact that I had an cert that was eligible and that was nice.  So on the final confirmation screen it gave me the option to use the certificate or points or cash.  I like how it's synched to your account and is already picking everything up.  That's how I did it.  Pretty cool I didn't have to talk to anybody.

Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Nice.. thanks MBSS! Smiley Happy I paid for a night because I didn't know how to use the certificate. Smiley Very Happy Shameful!
Message 4 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
Nice.. thanks MBSS! Smiley Happy I paid for a night because I didn't know how to use the certificate. Smiley Very Happy Shameful!

Almost the same for me last year....but since I could not afford to pay the room rate at the Courtyard in Düsseldorf I needed to try to use that certificate online. To my big surprise it was really easy and even though the  rate jacked up to 439€ during the exhibition the free nights were not blocked. This was my best deal ever 😉

Message 5 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

Almost the same for me last year....but since I could not afford to pay the room rate at the Courtyard in Düsseldorf I needed to try to use that certificate online. To my big surprise it was really easy and even though the  rate jacked up to 439€ during the exhibition the free nights were not blocked. This was my best deal ever 😉

xD 

Certificate loads up to your marriott rewards account. You can see your available certificates under "Account Activity" 

To book a room using your certificates you would do "find and reserve" and look for a room the way you normally would, but you click on "use rewards points" 

You can even narrow the search for rooms by selecting the category of the hotel on the right hand side, last option "Hotel rewards category." This way you don't see hotels you can't use your certificate at. 

If you have  1 free night certificate, and you want to book a room for 1 night, you would simply find your hotel and book as normal, on the final booking page you should see something that says "You have an e-certificate that matches this reservation." You can either choose to use it, or to use points regularly and save the e-certificate. 

If you have LESS e-certificates than nights you are staying, you either need to call up the marriott reservations line

OR

book it as a cash and points stay. Select how many nights you want to use points for (how many e-certificates you have) and how many nights you want to use cash for (the remainder of your trip not being covered by e-certificates) 

Play around with the options here, because some nights the cost will be more than others. Obviously, use the free nights on the nights the hotel is most expensive, and pay cash when it is cheapest. 

If you use "Cash and Points" you are not elligible for any other discount (like AAA rate)

If you call up the reservations line to do this, you can use your free nights, AND they will allow you to use the AAA rate (or military, government, whatever rate you qualify for) for the nights you're paying cash. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect. My Orgnization gets a government discount @ Marriott hotels!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.