Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free money from Chase CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free money from Chase CC

I have a Chase CC with my lowest CL of $300 that they refuse CLI on and I decided this month to leave a balance of under $1 to show on my statement, and then not use the card for a while. So I logged in this morning and see my outstanding balance at $0. Apparently when they prepared my new statement they decided to do a credit adjustment for the $.71 balance. Though mere pocket change it is nonetheless free money! Maybe they figured it's easier to give me that money than a new statement? Just thought some of you may find this interesting. Anyone else have similar experience?

Message Edited by ChaoticKinesis on 09-29-2007 03:22 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free money from Chase CC

ChaoticKinesis wrote:
I have a Chase CC with my lowest CL of $300 that they refuse CLI on and I decided this month to leave a balance of under $1 to show on my statement, and then not use the card for a while. So I logged in this morning and see my outstanding balance at $0. Apparently when they prepared my new statement they decided to do a credit adjustment for the $.71 balance. Though mere pocket change it is nonetheless free money! Maybe they figured it's easier to give me that money than a new statement? Just thought some of you may find this interesting. Anyone else have similar experience?

Message Edited by ChaoticKinesis on 09-29-2007 03:22 PM

I've heard of it before but never personally experienced it

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had it happen with a few banks before. lol. Yes it is cheaper to adjust than mail. They don't make a habit of it though.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be afraid to not pay that $.71 and have it show up later as being late....Smiley Surprised
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
I'd be afraid to not pay that $.71 and have it show up later as being late....Smiley Surprised

Omg do you think they would actually  do something like that? What a min. what am I saying- we are talking about CC  cos.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be great! But I get alert emails from Chase plus I use HSBC's Easyview for all my accounts so that alerts me too.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.