Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom 3rd Quarter Catgories

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Freedom 3rd Quarter Catgories

I don't think Chase innovates much in the credit card space (Ink excepted), but I think if looked at historically other than their current lack of student cards, they've moved to match both Amex and Discover and that doesn't suck.

I suspect Chase would like to be known as one of the premier card issuers for an extended period of time, and they've demonstrated even the past few years to rework cards that simply weren't up to snuff.  If the Freedom becomes lackluster as a result of Discover's recent, bold, and even sexy moves, they'll probably fix it in time.

For now I'm happy with my Freedom and that's without the obvious CSP pairing (which, realized I should do looking at my life in the semi-near future).  My current gas spend is on the order of $270/month (distance wise, currently have one of the longest commutes I've experienced in nearly a decade) and while I have never once shopped at Kohl's at least it's a quarter which gets some use while leaving the Sallie at home... unlike some where my Freedom has sat simply idle for 3 months at a time.

Also as a side benefit, I've used Chase's semi-recent reporting policy of secondary report when balance is paid to $0 during my mortgage process to keep as much lipstick on my pig as possible.

        
Message 51 of 53
compassion101
Established Contributor

Doesn't Kohls give you 15-30% off every other week or so but you have to use your Kohls card? If so, why would anyone want to use the freedom for the 5%?

Or do you not need to use your Kohls card to get that discount?

Message 52 of 53
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Dunno, don't shop there.
Signature needs updating
Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.