Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Approved - 680 TU & 10 inqs.

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Freedom Approved - 680 TU & 10 inqs.

I applied for the Chase Freedom and got the 7 to 10 day message, so I called and they requested a copy of my social security card and proof of my address. I promptly faxed those over and waited a week, called today and was approved for the Freedom with a limit of $500. I'm so excieted to have been approved, seeing how my only card was Cap One I'm not even upset that the limit is only $500...I'll just max it and PIF for 6 mos and request a CLI. Looks like Chase might be feeling generous, pulled TU in Florida with a 680 and 10 inqs on my report. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: Freedom Approved - 680 TU & 10 inqs.

Congrats. Any baddies on your report?

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 2 of 7
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Wow 10 inq and they accepted you? That's awesome. Congrats!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 3 of 7
Involus
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys. And no baddies, just a lot of inqs...when I was 18 I applied for like anything I could.. I've banked with Chase for years and this is only my 2nd time applying for Freedom so idk if that had any influence as long as paying all revolving debt to 1% util except student loans for around $5000.

Message 4 of 7
anybodii
New Contributor

Congrats! I had about 6 or 7 when I applied for them, they did the same thing to me ( asked for proof of address/ SS card ), but approved me. If you banked with them for years, you should have asked for a relationship review the first time you applied, I don't know if Chase does it, but I know most do. Basically they see you've been a long time customer ( even if its on a checking account ) and based their approval on that.

Message 5 of 7
Involus
Regular Contributor

I did ask about the relationship with them via banking and I was approved so I think that may have had something to do with it.

Message 6 of 7
brian2220
Regular Contributor

I agree with anybodii
Having a relationship seems to make it easier.
I got approved the day after my 18 and ive have a checking for 3 years now.
My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.