Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Benefits nerfed 2016?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Freedom Benefits nerfed 2016?

@Makersmark23 wrote:
I saw that, but seeing as there's some who didn't know, I guess there's some value to the information.

Right, but do we post it weekly, monthly, daily?   There is lots of stuff out there that some people don't know (and even the maligned Amex 3CLI is an example, constantly posted because people don't know!)

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Makersmark23 wrote:
I saw that, but seeing as there's some who didn't know, I guess there's some value to the information.

Right, but do we post it weekly, monthly, daily?   There is lots of stuff out there that some people don't know (and even the maligned Amex 3CLI is an example, constantly posted because people don't know!)

If there were some 'Read these first' type of organization that people could be pointed to (I don't think either of the items mentioned are in stickies) then one could make comments about things being re-posted. But there's not. And it's an informational board, so I think if you've been here a while, you just read selectively. Plenty of new people to learn stuff all the time. 

I stay away from a particular forum because all the info is contained in massive threads that are years old and if you want to learn anything it's way too overwhelming. I appreciate the freshness of this board. And if I ever tire of people re-posting, I either won't read or won't come.

ETA: Not trying to be confrontational, it might have come off that way. But I'm sensitive to the fact that each board has a personality and this one is tough to crack. I've mostly read it as one where it's okay to repost things, and then occasionally one gets their hand slapped for doing so. Just pointing out that I appreciate the freshness factor. 

Message 12 of 15
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Still on 10% extra/$1 and 10 pts/transaction bonus....

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 13 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Makersmark23 wrote:

If there were some 'Read these first' type of organization that people could be pointed to (I don't think either of the items mentioned are in stickies) then one could make comments about things being re-posted. But there's not. And it's an informational board, so I think if you've been here a while, you just read selectively. Plenty of new people to learn stuff all the time. 

I stay away from a particular forum because all the info is contained in massive threads that are years old and if you want to learn anything it's way too overwhelming. I appreciate the freshness of this board. And if I ever tire of people re-posting, I either won't read or won't come.

ETA: Not trying to be confrontational, it might have come off that way. But I'm sensitive to the fact that each board has a personality and this one is tough to crack. I've mostly read it as one where it's okay to repost things, and then occasionally one gets their hand slapped for doing so. Just pointing out that I appreciate the freshness factor. 

That's fine, didn't seem confrontational (since I know I am always right, nothing seems confrontational to me!)   I was really pointing out that the possibility of information being new to "some" people isn't always sufficient justification to post.     But I should probably save my complaints for the repeated questions, answered in threads on the same page, rather than reposts of information, such as this (and the recent spate of "CITI now has FICO" threads)

Message 14 of 15
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the Info!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.