Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom CLI or App for CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom CLI or App for CSP

Should I get a CLI on my Freedom or apply for CSP? My freedom is a low limit and I am planning on taking the axe to my sears card and my fifth third card but I dont want to take the hit on my availible credit. I could meet the requirements for the 4k spend in 3 months but it would take a bit of work. Just curious I am relatively new to the forums. 17% Util

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom CLI or App for CSP

CLI on freedom wont be that much. If you can afford the spend, go get the CSP.  Then you can move the limit to your freedom.  Downgrade the CSP to the no AF version Chase Sapphire and save it for a rainy day if you decide to delve into UR with more cards.

This will be 1 or 2 inquiries, as always with chase. I would say if you can afford another $500 to spend, go app for the AARP card too. 

Message 2 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

One your file is in order I would recommend apping for the CSP, especially if you can make the initial spend. I find with Chase you are likely to end up getting more credit with a new app than going for a CLI. Besides with a new card you can get the signup offer and additional credit.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 7
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI on freedom wont be that much. If you can afford the spend, go get the CSP.  Then you can move the limit to your freedom.  Downgrade the CSP to the no AF version Chase Sapphire and save it for a rainy day if you decide to delve into UR with more cards.

This will be 1 or 2 inquiries, as always with chase. I would say if you can afford another $500 to spend, go app for the AARP card too. 

I'm pretty sure the no annual free chase sapphire is long gone. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

it is long gone to app for directly. but anyone with a CSP can downgrade to it as they wish.

Message 5 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

it is long gone to app for directly. but anyone with a CSP can downgrade to it as they wish.

That is how I got mine by downgrading. I use it for all my dining spend. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure when you got your cards, you have five in your sig. There's a 5/24 rule with Chase that started last spring sometime and they won't (in most circumstances) issue a new CSP/Freedom/Slate card if you have 5 or more new accounts in 2 years. Also, CSP has a minimum of $5k which I see is above your other CLs. If you're within the 5/24 you could go for it, but IDK what your chances are (not saying they're bad, just saying I don't know). 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.