Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom, IT, BCE - Amazon Purchase?

tag
AAstra
Regular Contributor

Freedom, IT, BCE - Amazon Purchase?

Does anyone know if buying stuff with Amazon counts for more points with any of these cards? I thought I saw somewhere that Amazon was counted as a select department store for one of these cards and earned 2X the points? Thanks,

Cheers!

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom, IT, BCE - Amazon Purchase?

@dbutz1109 wrote:

Does anyone know if buying stuff with Amazon counts for more points with any of these cards? I thought I saw somewhere that Amazon was counted as a select department store for one of these cards and earned 2X the points? Thanks,

Cheers!

Amazon is typically coded as a bookstore, so none of the cards offer any bonuses on it this month; sorry!

If they are the only cards in your line-up though, and you have a Chase checking account, the Freedom would be the better yield at 1.1%. Otherwise none of them matter (unless, of course, you have a CSP as well, then keep sticking with the Freedom). If you're looking to apply for a card with a great yield on amazon, I would try the Sallie Mae card through Barclay's.

All the best!

Message 2 of 3
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Re: Freedom, IT, BCE - Amazon Purchase?

For the BCE it is not. Even though it is categorized under Department Store, it does not qualify for the 2% bonus. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.