Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Master Card version

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Freedom Master Card version

@dabolts_619 wrote:
I have the visa can you change to MasterCard?? Or would I have to apply for MasterCard version??

Yes you can.  I changed my Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard with no problem at all.  No new tradeline or anything.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 31 of 59
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I applied through the MC link but had some verification issues and when the app finally got processed I had been issued the Visa. called and would have been able to change to the MC without any problem. decidec to wait and try in a few years to pc to a siggy instead. if this does not work I might consider to change for the MC just to have not all as Visa. Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 59
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

I think I may call and try to get mine changes to MC after it ages a bit. 

Main reason for me, My kids school website where you pay for their lunch only takes MC and nothing else, and the only MC I currently have is sock drawered waiting to be cancelled. 

It's the only thing left I still use checks for. 

Message 33 of 59
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they have World MC/ Elite World MC. They have Visa Signature Card.

Ron.

There is a Freedom World MC version (I have it - it says "WORLD" above the MC logo on the front of the card). There is no World Elite version though.

There may be some changes to the Freedom card announced today or tomorrow.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 34 of 59
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

What kind of changes? How do you know?
Message 35 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they have World MC/ Elite World MC. They have Visa Signature Card.

Ron.

There is a Freedom World MC version (I have it - it says "WORLD" above the MC logo on the front of the card). There is no World Elite version though.

There may be some changes to the Freedom card announced today or tomorrow.

Really ??? How did you get it?

Ron.

Message 36 of 59
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@bribro
changes for the better? or cutting on something?
Message 37 of 59
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I used to have it too, Chase Freedom World MasterCard. It just requires a $5k+ limit.

Message 38 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have a Chase Freedom MC and it has $6K CL. It's stll a regular MC. Did they give it to you or request it?  Should I call them to request one?

Ron.

Message 39 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just sent them an email to ask about Chase Freedom World MC upgrade. Now I'm waiting for their reply. 

Ron.

Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.