Did you mean: 

Freedom Master Card version

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Freedom Master Card version

@LesWH wrote:

@dabolts_619 wrote:
I have the visa can you change to MasterCard?? Or would I have to apply for MasterCard version??

Yes you can.  I changed my Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard with no problem at all.  No new tradeline or anything.

Did you do that immediately after applying, before the Visa reported? I'm just wondering how it would appear without it being a new TL. Do they replace the Visa on the reports with the MC?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 41 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got a reply from them. Here is the reply:

Upon review, I regret to inform you that the option to
change your card to a MasterCard World card is
unavailable. I apologize for any inconvenience this may
cause you.

Ron.

Message 42 of 59
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ Ron1
would be interesting to know what they need to approve. did they mention what they are looking for? you have 13 months or not?
Message 43 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:
@ Ron1
would be interesting to know what they need to approve. did they mention what they are looking for? you have 13 months or not?

I've had Chase Freedom MC since 2004. I don't know they're looking for. They simply told me it is not option. 

Ron.

Message 44 of 59
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

thanks Ron..will try together with my CSP app next year but I guess I know the answer already if an account of 2004 is not eligible. I would call back door and ask for reason and maybe they can approve you. Emails are probably just answered by regular csr? good luck if you try
Message 45 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:
thanks Ron..will try together with my CSP app next year but I guess I know the answer already if an account of 2004 is not eligible. I would call back door and ask for reason and maybe they can approve you. Emails are probably just answered by regular csr? good luck if you try

You're welcome. I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Ron.

Message 46 of 59
bribro
Valued Contributor

@yellowcake wrote:
What kind of changes? How do you know?

I can't say just yet. I'll post once the announcement is made. I don't think the final decision has been made and the changes may not affect many people.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 47 of 59
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they have World MC/ Elite World MC. They have Visa Signature Card.

Ron.

There is a Freedom World MC version (I have it - it says "WORLD" above the MC logo on the front of the card). There is no World Elite version though.

There may be some changes to the Freedom card announced today or tomorrow.

Really ??? How did you get it?

Ron.

It's a joint card with my girlfriend that she originally got many years ago. Not sure on the policies of upgrading a regular MC to World MC. If I find out, I'll let you know.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 48 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they have World MC/ Elite World MC. They have Visa Signature Card.

Ron.

There is a Freedom World MC version (I have it - it says "WORLD" above the MC logo on the front of the card). There is no World Elite version though.

There may be some changes to the Freedom card announced today or tomorrow.

Really ??? How did you get it?

Ron.

It's a joint card with my girlfriend that she originally got many years ago. Not sure on the policies of upgrading a regular MC to World MC. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 49 of 59
LesWH
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@dabolts_619 wrote:
I have the visa can you change to MasterCard?? Or would I have to apply for MasterCard version??

Yes you can.  I changed my Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard with no problem at all.  No new tradeline or anything.

Did you do that immediately after applying, before the Visa reported? I'm just wondering how it would appear without it being a new TL. Do they replace the Visa on the reports with the MC?

I actually had the Visa for a few months before changing, and it had reported to the bureaus.    They replaced the Visa information(account number) with the MC information(account number) but kept the open date, etc. the same.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.