Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


LesWH wrote:

dabolts_619 wrote:
I have the visa can you change to MasterCard?? Or would I have to apply for MasterCard version??

Yes you can.  I changed my Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard with no problem at all.  No new tradeline or anything.


Did you do that immediately after applying, before the Visa reported? I'm just wondering how it would appear without it being a new TL. Do they replace the Visa on the reports with the MC?


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version

I got a reply from them. Here is the reply:

 


Upon review, I regret to inform you that the option to
change your card to a MasterCard World card is
unavailable. I apologize for any inconvenience this may
cause you.

 

 

Ron.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5,488
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version

[ Edited ]
@ Ron1
would be interesting to know what they need to approve. did they mention what they are looking for? you have 13 months or not?
Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
....Last HP 01 NOV 2016...............
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


lg8302ch wrote:
@ Ron1
would be interesting to know what they need to approve. did they mention what they are looking for? you have 13 months or not?

I've had Chase Freedom MC since 2004. I don't know they're looking for. They simply told me it is not option. 

 

 

Ron.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5,488
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version

thanks Ron..will try together with my CSP app next year but I guess I know the answer already if an account of 2004 is not eligible. I would call back door and ask for reason and maybe they can approve you. Emails are probably just answered by regular csr? good luck if you try
Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
....Last HP 01 NOV 2016...............
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


lg8302ch wrote:
thanks Ron..will try together with my CSP app next year but I guess I know the answer already if an account of 2004 is not eligible. I would call back door and ask for reason and maybe they can approve you. Emails are probably just answered by regular csr? good luck if you try

You're welcome. I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


yellowcake wrote:
What kind of changes? How do you know?

I can't say just yet. I'll post once the announcement is made. I don't think the final decision has been made and the changes may not affect many people.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


Ron1 wrote:

bribro wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they have World MC/ Elite World MC. They have Visa Signature Card.

 

 

Ron.


There is a Freedom World MC version (I have it - it says "WORLD" above the MC logo on the front of the card). There is no World Elite version though.

 

There may be some changes to the Freedom card announced today or tomorrow.


Really ??? How did you get it?

 

 

Ron.


It's a joint card with my girlfriend that she originally got many years ago. Not sure on the policies of upgrading a regular MC to World MC. If I find out, I'll let you know.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,180
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


bribro wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

bribro wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they have World MC/ Elite World MC. They have Visa Signature Card.

 

 

Ron.


There is a Freedom World MC version (I have it - it says "WORLD" above the MC logo on the front of the card). There is no World Elite version though.

 

There may be some changes to the Freedom card announced today or tomorrow.


Really ??? How did you get it?

 

 

Ron.


It's a joint card with my girlfriend that she originally got many years ago. Not sure on the policies of upgrading a regular MC to World MC. If I find out, I'll let you know.


Thanks. Smiley Happy

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Freedom Master Card version


tinuviel wrote:

LesWH wrote:

dabolts_619 wrote:
I have the visa can you change to MasterCard?? Or would I have to apply for MasterCard version??

Yes you can.  I changed my Freedom Visa to Freedom Mastercard with no problem at all.  No new tradeline or anything.


Did you do that immediately after applying, before the Visa reported? I'm just wondering how it would appear without it being a new TL. Do they replace the Visa on the reports with the MC?


I actually had the Visa for a few months before changing, and it had reported to the bureaus.    They replaced the Visa information(account number) with the MC information(account number) but kept the open date, etc. the same.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.