Did you mean: 

Freedom PC to Sapphire?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Freedom PC to Sapphire?

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Well if CS is more valuable than go for it. I think u can try to PC now. They may do it. Having discover and freedom is redundant IMO

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, which number should I call? The CA or the PC number?

Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status - automated)
Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)
Chase: 800-955-9900 (Product change status questions)
Chase: 888-688-6708 (Chase Credit Dept additional number?, need confirmation, credit to Express)

Doesn't the CS have a 5k min as well and only VS?  

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked this question in a thread but never got a direct answer. Is it possible to PC from a Freedom to a regular Sapphire (not the CSP)? If so does that card still have the minumin $5k CL?

Answer is I am not sure. I have heard of people going from CS to Freedom. Since you can no longer apply directly for CS I am not sure you can PC a freedom into it. I know people can still downgrade from CSP to CS though. In terms of the 5k min requirement that is for the CSP, but the CS does not have that requirement. If I had to choose between a freedom and a CS I'd go with the freedom, unless you have a ton of dining spend. 

@I dont know, but @red259 said it doesn't

Message 12 of 24
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Well if CS is more valuable than go for it. I think u can try to PC now. They may do it. Having discover and freedom is redundant IMO

YMMV. I enjoy having two Discovers and two Freedoms. (4 x $1500 quarterly spend <evil laugh>)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 13 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

YMMV. I enjoy having two Discovers and two Freedoms. (4 x $1500 quarterly spend <evil laugh>)

Didnt think you were allowed to have tow freedoms?  One time you might of been able to and not anymore type thing?

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think so, but call the CSP number and ask them directly but i will be CSP since they dont offer the CS anymore. number is 1800 493 3319.

They will have the answer. 

all i know is that if you close a cc you can add the CL to an existing acct.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think so, but call the CSP number and ask them directly but i will be CSP since they dont offer the CS anymore. number is 1800 493 3319.

That's the number I should call to see if I can PC from Freedom to CS?

Message 16 of 24
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Didnt think you were allowed to have tow freedoms?  One time you might of been able to and not anymore type thing?

Correct, you can't apply for a 2nd one of a card you already have, but if you already have 2, you can keep the 2nd.

In the case of the Freedom MC to Freedom visa conversion, they allowed it because Chase was instituting the MC to Visa conversion.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start there. if they dont help call the backdoor numbers.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would start there. if they dont help call the backdoor numbers.

Will do, I'll post up the results after I call tomorrow

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's the number I should call to see if I can PC from Freedom to CS?

Called this number, she said the account needs to be open for at least 12 months in order to PC Smiley Mad She said you can PC from Freedom to the regular Sapphire though! As far as the $5k CL for the card...she didn't know the answer to that. Should I call a backdoor number or should I just wait until October this yaer

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.